Tour Operators to avoid......

Discussion in 'Travel' started by PrinceAlbert, Jun 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you have any Tour Operators that you've have issues with? Used, and regretted it? Feel free to air them here.

I went to Cuba for a couple of weeks, and went with Best at Travel. There were a few issues with my travel arrangements whilst I was in country. One of which meant I nearly didn't get on a connecting flight from one side of the country to the other.

There were also other issues with the accomodation I stayed in (in some cases). Where the hotel was nothing like it's description.

Getting hold of the reps in country was a joke. They never answered their phones, and in some cases their phones didn't accept incoming calls!

Don't even get me started on the hire car they gave me.

Upon my return to the UK I sent them an email explaining my issues. So far I have had a few emails from them saying that they are looking into my email. Essentially, they're happy to take your money, and very quick to fob you off if you have any issues.

I've even decided to write an email to Watchdog.

Luxury Holidays, Cheap Package Holidays and All Inclusive Deals by Best at Travel

Luxury Holidays, Cheap Package Holidays and All Inclusive Deals by Best at Cuba Holidays

Useless *****.

2. I never use tour operators, I always book my own flights, accommodation etc, and so far, after many years of doing that, I have had no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avoid the RAF, I ended up in a shit hole and the accommodation was a fecking camp cot.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Thomas cook last year Familie holiday with 87 year old mum booked disabled access for apartment even requested a shower the old dear can not get into a bath, turned out to be a top floor apartment with a bath and no lift took the rep 5 days to move us it's no joke dragging the old dear upstairs.
    I complained on return to UK but no reply at At all.

5. RTMC

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Was your dear old Mum in a wheelchair insured up there on the top floor?

7. I've only done one trip to Cuba. I used CIA travel. The place I was due to stay at, translated from Spanish, 'Bay of Pigs' was very noisy and full of folks running around in camo gear. My holiday might well have coincided with one of those paint ballers or such like conventions, but never again. I could have been killed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Me too. But since I was essentially travelling the whole country, and everything had to be squared away (including several hotels, an internal flight, a hire car, transfers etc) I decided to let some other **** organise it for me. Fail.

9. Can we add Airlines to avoid?

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Virgin holidays...My aunt is taking them to court for the shithole digs of a villa they put them in.

11. The only time I booked through a tour operator was for North Korea. Normally I book a ticket to some place and find accomodation upon arrival. In case it's a disappointment I can always move to another accomodation or **** off to a neighbouring country.