Tour Extensions/Consecutive Tours

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SoldierOn, Dec 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps, quick query; as a TA YO about to start trg for TELIC 8, what are the options as far as doing this tour, and then coming back and deploying on another, poss to Afghanistan, within 6 or so months of return to the UK? Any bars on that kind of thing for Offrs? I know the guys from my Regt have done similar kinds of things in the past...

Thanks very much, and Merry Christmas.
  2. msr

msr LE

No bars, just discuss it with the TA Manning and Res guys at the NSE. They will help to identify vacancies on Op Herrick for you.

3. ... and if anyone tries to tell you it's not possible as you've done more than 12 months in 36 then you can get round it by signing a waiver.

If you want I can try and dig out the paperwork for a few of the soldiers that were in a similar position with my troop in the GIFA to get the references for the relevant army/TA regs.

PM me if required

4. I tried to do the same last year Afghan then iraq within a few months in between was told by chillwell that had to have 10 months off before i was aloud to go to the sandpit
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Surely if you were mobilised the first time, you can FTRS the second - or vice versa?

This is what my lot are planning for next year.
  6. I would like to see the regulation they were quoting. Had guys in my unit go out on Telic1 then volunteered for Telic 4 returning to theatre 6 months after they had left first time round. First time they were properly compulsory mobilised, second time they volunteered to be compulsory mobilised so both times they were mobilised with the financial and civillian job safeguards that go with it.

So it can't be a TA thing, and it certainly isn't a regular thing as the unit I was posted to in theatre had a guy who had been posted to the UK from his unit which was in Iraq in the January and gone back out with his new unit in April of the same year. so only 3 months off and in fact y the time he finished his POTL first time round he was just in time to start the build up training and go through OPTAG for his return visit.