Tour Essentials

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by dozzyoaks5, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to deploy on my first tour shortly and need to know if theres any kit i'll need that i won't get issued e.g. decent boots, ballistic glasses etc
  2. The issue boots are now decent - Meindl - (although you might want to get yourself a pair of better insoles) - admittedly I prefer the old-style Lowas I bought about 3 years ago when they were issuing Desert Magnums. The issued ballistic glasses and goggles are free and no worse than the $100+ ones at the PX.

Try this thread.
  3. The issue glasses are actually on sale in the PX, at around $50-60
    I would say the only thing I class as an essential (if taking ipod mp3 etc) is a powermonkey explorer
    add it to basket, then enter 'TROOPS' in the voucher code bit, and watch the price drop by almost 50%
  4. Double Strike Sorbothane Insoles. Mega bits of kit.
  5. seconded on the ipod touch, if you are the reading kind, you can carry hundreds of books for very little space
  6. i was on my first tour last summer and had the same sort of worry

you'll get everything you need and more, all the extra bits are things like mp3 player, psp or the like... just stuff to fill your free time. and bring cards... sounds a bit lame but poker is defo the way to pass the time