Tour de France

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Cutaway, Jul 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The annual parade of deformed pushbike geeks has happily finished, and once again the team in the yellow shirts won.

I don't know why anyone else bothers to enter......
  2. A bit like formula 1 really
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Why ?

Do they have yellow shirts too ?
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

No it isn't. The Germans haven't done a victory parade down the Champs Elysee since the 1940s! :lol:
  5. I watched the last few minutes of this yesterday and immediately started thinking: how many of the feckers could you take out if you lobbed a half-brick into the middle of the peloton as they came steaming down the Champs Elysees?

Anyone up for some bike race bowling next year?
  6. I saw on TV Lance Needle in my Arm Strong with a glass of Champagne. I hope the generous donor dosed it up with enough steroids to kill a cow – that would take the smirk off his face at the after race drugs test :D :D
  7. I'd be tempted to shove a stick in the spokes as they pass, it takes a little more skill with timing and accuracy but worth it when it buckles the wheel and sends the knobber skidding along the Champs Elysees!

Any bloke who shaves his legs to gain an aerodynamic advantage should be taken round the back and bum burgled by a bunch of bikers sporting chaps and handle bar moustaches :twisted:
  8. Right. I'll stand up for Armstrong. He beat a frikkin serious bout of cancer (40% chance of surviving) and has just broken all Tour records for repeatedly winning.
    The French don't like him for winning their race over & over, so that goes in his favour.
    He is officially the most drug tested man in cycling and he has never even looked like failing one, so BlackHand can get back in his box.
    Yes, it looked a bit 'Formula 1', but the bloke came back from near death, rose to the top and stayed there. WTF do you need to respect a sportsman?
  9. Mr Hinecap is spot on.

So, does this mean that you lot will be entering L'Etap de Tour next year and showing us how it's done? This year's public stage covered 148 miles and included 4 climbs of up to 1600 metres. Plus, if any of you have Sheryl Crow waiting at the finish line to rub ralgex onto your calves then I'll double your sponsor money.
  10. Let me see... Fredrick Ljungberg face, Johnny Wilkinsons body and Thierry Henrys va va voom :lol: Yes i'm shallow!

Can you still enter if your bike has stabilizers :? :lol:
  11. With a bod like yours Cait, you deserve a bloke like that. Have I pulled yet?
  12. Theres a foolproof way of beating anyone in a bike race.

Just jam a playing card in your back wheel. I used to do it all the time.

Any 8 year old on a Chopper could p*ss the race using that method.