tour dates

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by SmithsRail, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know when I can find out the different tour dates for different regmiments in the RA?

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Not on here i am afraid. Is security a dirty word to you Andre. Think about what you are asking on a public forum and you already have your answer.

3. I don't think you're even a soldier yet - at least you weren't recently.

Trying to figure out whic Regiment to sign up to to avoid going? Or which one to join to go soonest? They'll probably send you to the one that matches your choice of RA Role closest and needs blokes for tour anyway...

Oh an no, OPSEC

4. 1 Arty Bde units have sub units that turn around every 6 months, go to one of those and the longest break you'll get is about 18 months.

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Go to your nearest Bde/Div HQ, ask to see the Arms Plot. We'll visit you in gaol honest. :wink:

6. true stuff I'm not a soldier yet, I passed selection and I'm off to Pirbright on the Febuary 24th, and no it's the total opposite of not wanting to go on tour, I can't ******* wait that's the trouble :D

7. be careful what you wish for

thats all lm saying, its rang true in the ears of some of my younger members of the troop

but good luck all the same :)

8. Ah Pirbright in Feb...I shall tip off the staff. Only joking.

To be honest, they will let you know when you get to Pirbright who is going where and when, but there is a pretty regular turnaround, so even if you go to a unit that has just got back, you may be away again in 18 months.

Remember that posting preference runs through the requirements of the Regiments before what you want, but if you are itching to get out on Ops that may tie in with them.

To be honest, you will get away fairly sharpish wherever you go, so think hard about what job you want to do, what equipment to work with etc.

Good luck