Tougher medical tests for 2.5m incapacity claimants

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stinker, May 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Haven't seen it elsewhere on arrse.

“So to be fair to the taxpayer, we will cut payments if they don’t do the right thing,” he said. The Tory manifesto stated that anyone who repeatedly refused to take job offers would lose benefit for three years. Yesterday Mr Duncan Smith said his ministerial team was working on the details.

Mr Duncan Smith confirmed that he wanted to create a simplified benefit system, merging 51 payments into just one or two in the longer term. The idea would be to remove the current disincentives which stop people moving off benefit into work because they lose money.
  2. Long overdue.
  3. It will be interesting to see the new criteria
  4. Good, lazy scrounging cnuts
  5. Bloody right too!

'Wah, I can't work on the buildings no more, I hurt my back innit'

Then you're ideally talented to drive a till at BQ innit!
  6. :lol:

I'd give just about anything to be a fly on the wall when you turn up for your medical reassessment.
  7. I'll let you know when I have maintained my 80% disabled status.

8. So that will be staying up all night for a few days before the interview and skipping breakfast so you'll be nice and sleepy then?

9. Pointless. I saw one of these reviews being done. The bloke walked in classed as too badly disabled for any form of work due to back pain. The conversation went like this:-

MO: Do you feel able to do any form of work?
    Biff: No. It's me back.
    MO: How long did it take you to get here today?
    Biff: About an hour.
    MO: Come by car?
    Biff: Err, yes.
    MO: Excellent. If you can sit in a car for an hour you can sit at a desk. 0% disabled. NEXT.

I'll give you a tip Whet. Don't drive to your medical then try to tell them that you can't work because you keep falling asleep.
  10. why not? Idid last time.
  11. About time too,

This countries welfare dependant culture is shocking, a radical reform has been desperately required for years,

It will interesting to see how this develops?
  12. The biggest problem is 'back' problems, hard to detect without fancy equipment, and easy to fake. Doctors sometimes issue a note just to get the ******* out the office, and if they don't there is a chance they will kick off.

It would be interesting to see the TRUE unemployment figures, Add the students studying non courses, the professers, the non jobs (cutting through them like butter at the mo) It will be interesting to see all these people being sacked and on the dole, and yet...the world would keep spinning. Funny that.

13. Didn't the interviewer give you a shake?
  14. There fixed it for you :wink:
  15. Of course! How could i have forgotten that, also, being a pisshead, although that's probably a 'super serious condition' according to some Arrsers.