tough mudda uk anyone know what its like doing it.nov

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by greenjacket82, Jun 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tough mudda uk
  2. did the tough mudda in Scotland the other week, very good, good laugh, prepare to get wet and muddy as the tin says
  3. Errm......muddy, wet and wet and muddy and don't forget all the mud......the only pies were mud pies.....
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I haven't done it (more into marathons and fell running), but I understand it's tough and muddy. About 10 miles and expensive.

Get back in the Green Jackets and get paid to run in mud.
  5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I did the first UK one - it wasn't that tough (plenty of queuing at obstacles and not too many hills), but it was enormous fun - except for the electric shock obstacles - and a great team event.
  6. This event and the Tough Guy event (which is run about 2 miles from where I live) and others like them are great if you are happy to pay a shed load of money for a certificate and a photo of you covered in mud. But they are not recognised athletic type events, and it is hard to gauge your personal performance because tthey are one offs and because there are loads of people all milling around and queueing up at the various obstacles. In terms of personal challenge my own view is that you would be better off getting into a challenging sport - like triathlon, open water swimming, cycling, or adventure sports - and giving that a good go.

Whats the point of doing Tough Mudda or Tough Guy just the once (even if you do get a certificate) when you could actually get into a long term challenging and really fulfilling sport?