Tough guy Jan 28th

This sunday the 28th, is the annual winter tough guy competition

toughguy

Having done the summer one with the Army tug of war womens team, My sisters have organised a mixed group of Sigs to do the winter one. I think they are all fecking mental, but I'll be there at the finish with a brew for them.

If your doing it, good luck you fecking mentalists. I'll be cheering you on.

Worst brain freeze in my life on the underwater tunnels! but great to see so many people helping each other over the obstacles.. restores your faith in humanity (well a bit anyway).. I'm almost tempted to do it again next year.

I will second that - the brain freeze was pretty special. Some good showings by military teams - results are up on the tough guy website now by the way.

http://www.toughguy.co.uk/srch-team.php

Only complaint was the fannying around at the start line that took 20 minutes to get everyone on their way but overall a good laugh.

Just checked my position on the listings and the cnuts have me down as DNF????!!!

I can confirm with a battered and bruised body and gold horseshoe medal that i did!!!!!

Fortunately I was not wearing one of my extensive thong collection yesterday - however the disturbing motion the eyes tattoed on either cheek made when that bloke ran was motivation enough to up the pace and get past!

7brigade

Well as you can see my bro in law beat my sisters by quite a bit. They didnt do as well as they did the summer one, but there you go.

Well done to all of you. It looked like hell. For some reason sisters want me to join the summer one !

Every time i click the link I cannot access the server. I get the 'Forbidden' Message. Any ideas?

Bossdog said:
Every time i click the link I cannot access the server. I get the 'Forbidden' Message. Any ideas?
I think its getting updated.

I've heard from others that out of 5000 nobody finished??? 8O
As reported in a local rag? I havent seen it but wondered what the story was?

Cait said:
Bossdog said:
I think its getting updated.

I've heard from others that out of 5000 nobody finished??? 8O
As reported in a local rag? I havent seen it but wondered what the story was?
Cheers Cait.

No one "completed" it, but loads finished. Apparently no one did all the requirements at the obstacles! The guy who runs it is just being a twat.

J

jimuk80

I'll put my two pennies in, the Metro in london is reprting that no one finished but the national "Red Banners" are reporting roughly 2000 out of 5000 finishing.

Maybe the boys down at Tough Guy UK are looking for a bit of publicity saying "no one could"

I'm in two minds. If you look at the course id say anyone who finishes deserves a mention as completing it as it looks like a mare. But they do put levels of how the course SHOULD be done.

In closing, top respect to anyone that completed the course because i certainly couldnt but i guess it either gets boycoted or its Nettle Warrior 2008 Boys!!!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mr. Mouse (the organiser) is an utter fruit loop. It was my 2nd winter tough guy this year, shaved half an hour off my time last year!

As to how the course should be done, what a load of bollocks! Completing it isn't that bad, but doing it quickly is. We had about 40 guys from BUOTC (Brum, not Bristol) and all but one finished. She broke her ankle though, so fair one.

And fellas, it can't be that hard - if women can get round it, come on...!

Just got back to the 'puter after doing the event on Sunday... Well that was my third time, and the last one was in 1996! (-5 Brrr!) I found that, although the course was hard, much harder than last time at least as far as the obstacles go, I didn't seem to struggle as much... What's that all about??

I'd have to say that as an old fart I didn't find it that bad really, as long as all you wanted to do was complete the course in one piece and enjoy it. If on the other hand you were after a good finishing time, then I can appreciate that it would be a bit of a struggle :D

All of it was certainly do'able, can't say that I was totally keen on the swimming underwater bit ... brrrr, & fair play to anyone that's done that when the weather has been a bit more 'chilly'!

Finally, to anyone from my old unit in Gloucester, you're a bunch of bloody pooftahs for not signing up to do it too!!! :D :D