Tough Guy Challenge 30 Jan 05

My attention has been drawn to the above event and I am feeling this horrible, compulsive and quite insane desire to do it...........

The worse things I read about it, the stronger the feeling becomes - can someone please give me lots of good reasons why I should not kill myself in some horse dung filled bog in Staffordshire...... in the freezing cold..... being laughed at and ritually humiliated by the racing snakes who will all do it in about 5 minutes..... 8O

and incidentally, are there any other ARRSE souls out there going to be doing it?!!

Prodigal said:
My attention has been drawn to the above event and I am feeling this horrible, compulsive and quite insane desire to do it...........

The worse things I read about it, the stronger the feeling becomes - can someone please give me lots of good reasons why I should not kill myself in some horse dung filled bog in Staffordshire...... in the freezing cold..... being laughed at and ritually humiliated by the racing snakes who will all do it in about 5 minutes..... 8O

and incidentally, are there any other ARRSE souls out there going to be doing it?!!
yes plenty of reasons not to do it..

1.it is organised by local council..bound to be fkucd!
2. for all of the above resons you mentioned
3. it organised by local council
4. it says tough guy :wink:
5. it is my council tax they use to pay for it
6.you pay them an entrance fee and they pay other to appear!
7. it organised by local council

Prodigal said:

Sad to report that I'll be completing my third Tough Guy in Jan.... it is utter lunacy, freezing cold, wet, smelly, dangerous (have u seen how the obstacles are made) but fantastic fun. Go for it.

P.S I don't think it is organised by the local council although the policing maybe!

I've got to echo the CO here - I'm not competing this year but I've completed it three times, twice while I was a sixth former! It's a bit wild but it's a great experience. Best of luck.

it is utter lunacy, freezing cold, wet, smelly, dangerous
bloody marvellous........and I HATE the cold!!

I've seen the website - how long is the course, once you've taken all the twisty bits into account? and what kind of gear do you wear for those conditions? I take it my cashmere twin set and teddy hot water bottle will probably not cut it.......

Tough Guy is excellent fun. It's the best Obstacle course you'll ever do!! It's also a bit of a reunion and you'll see loads of people you know. The council has nothing to do with it. Try and book your accommodation with Donnington - loads of squaddie TG teams will be there. Set off steady and pick off the malingerers at your leisure. Take it easy on the hills and be very positive on the Obs Cse. The water will take your breath away. Don't promise yourself you'll never do it again, coz you probably will.
Best of luck mate.

Thanks for the link, and the warning. :D

Over here, a tough guy compitition is getting in the ring and beating h*ll out of each other, kind of like the hollidays at Castle Do-Nut. :lol:

Deep swimmer said:
try www.toughguy.co.uk
If you use .com instead, you'll be unpleasantly surprised.
Why- its about fantasy football. I was hoping for something else entirely....................

Prodigal said:
are there any other ARRSE souls out there going to be doing it?!!
God knows how but I've managed to convince a team of 30 from my Squadron to cross the channel and compete, i guess the promise of a good night out in Brimingham might have had something to do with it.

Apparently the Ghurkha's are the team to watch, according to all the stuff i received their team finished a good few hours ahead of any others...

i have heard about it, i have seen the photo in my local gym last year, isn't the army involved in organising this as well ? as i saw some guys in military gear in front of the assault course in some of the photos.

just looked at the website it may be too late for me to go in January but i believe they do it thru the year , if so i could train up for it :D

Latest Update on the Competition - courtesy of www.toughguy.co.uk

2005 YEAR OF THE JUNGLE WARRIOR!
Sunday January 30th 2005

Our next event is winter Tough Guy 2005 - Year of the Jungle Warrior, as usual it will be held on the last Sunday of January (the 30th)

Dress Code

Your dress mode is camouflage. We don't want to see ya with twigs in your hair and fully battle face paints welding massive machetes. Need some ideas of what to wear? Try watching Rambo or Predator

Extreme Fundraising

As past of the warm up to Jungle Warrior we plan to dedicate Saturday 29th January to Extreme Fundraising. We've been hard at work devising some new and extreme ways to entertain the worlds media and warm ya up for the main event. Click here for more details.

2005 New Assault Obstacles!

The New Jungle Course is designed to shred your flesh to taste true jungle pains and implant fear of the unknown dropping into chasms of tiger troops where snakes may be loitering in the jungle branches. If you thought they were hard this Summer, just wait for January 2005....the warm water of summer will have changed into the freezing ice that is waiting to sap every ounce of body warmth and shred your flesh with its razor sharp edges....make it arder!

18 NEW assaults added to DOUBLE UP the Killing Fields. Our job is to defaet ya t'send ya' 'ome weeping cause ya' just ain't fit enough t' lick Tough Guy Killing Fields!©

Gurkha Jungle Swamps©

Treetop Crawing©

Dougs Elephant Graveyard©

Skonie Bashers Bounds©

Grand National Fences©

Dr G Force Ditch©

Dead Leg Brook©

Technospanner Legovers©

Walk The Plank to make its winter debut

For the first time in the winter event we are planning to get you to plummet into the lake off walk the plank. Instead of crossing the first half of the lake on a barrel bridge and wading through the second half you will plunge through any ice into the lake. Then it'll be a quick scramble up onto our relocated barrel bridge to get ya back on dry land!

Under water Tunnel Rebuild

We've rebuilt the underwater tunnel, its now 50% wider to alleviate bottle necks and whilst we were there we took the opportunity to make it a bit tougher - its now 50% longer and we've reduced the air pockets!

Congrats to any other ARRSE members who 'enjoyed' this event on Sunday and I hope your aching limbs & numb extremities return to normal asap......

Is anyone else totally unable to walk down stairs at the moment or is it just me? And just how god damn cold was that water in the tunnels? Brain freeze anyone??!!

Hope you guys enjoyed running alongside the boys from Badger, we'll be back next year.

I have my name down to do it this time round but may not be able to get there - you know, circumstances beyond my control and such like...... - anyone want the place free of charge if I can't do it?

Lady,

I gave at least one nanosecond consideration to your kind offer of a place at Tough Guy. Next I the read article in Saturday Telegraph.............

To copy the French EU vote........NON!

I'll add a 'merci' out of politeness!

What possessed you to apply in the first place???? Nutter - you and the rest! :lol:

All the best to any lunatic who decides to take u up on the offer - hats off to ya!

Latest Threads