Totty flying jets.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Apr 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The battle damage of an A10 flown by a female US pilot.

Think what you like of the sceptics but that deserves respect.
  2. Yes very brave but can she drink pints of pi@@ in the pigs bar with the rest of us ?
  3. Yep, she looks from the way she's stood, like she's just loaded herself. Full respect though, she got some balls!
  4. mmm, bet those bullet holes are British

Some in revenge, some for them letting a woman drive ;D

You'd think they'd learn the lessons with the two shuttles.

Birds can't drive!
  5. Looks like she got close in and personal to make sure BEFORE she pulled the trigger

Mind you, I thought it might be a bit of a giveaway they were Iraqis, what with lead whanging off every square inch and all......

Well done Spamchick...... :)
  6. I reckon she did that on the Asda carpark
  7. Looks to me from the pattern of holes like it was shot from behind and below (ooer missus!) i.e. SHE MISSED whatever she was shooting at!

Still, not much fun getting pinged though...

8. Definately caused by an attempt to reverse ;D
  9. The chicky sky jockey earns my respect !!

NOT for continuing to fly a crate in that condition, NOT even for landing it in that condition.

NO...... she earns my respect for taking that much ground fire from US troops whilst waiting on the taxiway on the way OUT to her mission, comlpleting her mission and then not mentioning 'blue on blue' at the debrief.

(and as Vermin alluded to she does look in need of a 'debrief'  ;D )
  10. Hope she gets billed!

Seriously though, A10's are about the toughest thing in the air...that level of damage and still flying doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Bet she still 'dinked' it when parking it in the hangar though! ;D
  11. Second toughest,

The toughest, most rugged and spectacular is an Army Air Corps Door Gunner ;D ;D
  12. She looks like she's tryng to 'squeeze one out'.......and the guy on the left of her looks like that Major who blagged the million on 'Who Wants To Be....a thievin cnut' ;D
  13. A-10s excellent firepower, it's just a shame that the pilots' AFV recognition is not as good..... :'(
  14. This will be a multi-phased post:

The A-10 receives the very bottom of the barrel of student pilots.  Try flying a Chinook, that will sort the MEN from the boys.

I take it from your motto, Mighty Doh-Nut, that you don't post on Pprune anymore? Were you kicked out?...

Personally I think the Major on Chris Tarrant's show deserves respect for using a bit of lateral thinking in trying to win the top prize.  (The Bleeps should be trying to recruit him).  
    What he did was try and obtain money from a load of rich sponsors who earn a lot more than £1 million from the phone calls and adverts to the show.

15. Squidgy Stab....

for your information R SIGNALS are more than competent in making our own front page news, we do not have any requirement for employing a second hand Sapper to assist us in making headlines...