Total War: Troy - free to download on 13 Aug 20 only

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
To all Total War fans

A Total War Saga: TROY will be available for free for the first 24hrs after release. No catch, it's part of a commercial deal - Epic wanted the rights, so they are paying for the first 24hrs of downloads. It won't come out on Steam until a year later.

Full details here - Troy announcement

But if, like me, you've played to death every Total War game since Shogun, 20 years ago... this is a no-brainer. Stick 13th August in your diary and download Epic Games client if you don't already have it. (I've already got it for Borderlands 3 and Phoenix Point)

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
To all Total War fans

A Total War Saga: TROY will be available for free for the first 24hrs after release. No catch, it's part of a commercial deal - Epic wanted the rights, so they are paying for the first 24hrs of downloads. It won't come out on Steam until a year later.

Full details here - Troy announcement

But if, like me, you've played to death every Total War game since Shogun, 20 years ago... this is a no-brainer. Stick 13th August in your diary and download Epic Games client if you don't already have it. (I've already got it for Borderlands 3 and Phoenix Point)
This should be the easiest Total War game to win. All you have to do is build a wooden horse and...............

With how underwhelmed I've been with the Total War series since Attila, that's about the right price, IMO.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
With how underwhelmed I've been with the Total War series since Attila, that's about the right price, IMO.

Warhammer 1 & 2 breathed new life into it, and Three Kingdoms is really good.

Warhammer 2, I keep coming back to again and again. Flying units in sieges adds a whole new dimension (no pun intended) :)

Warhammer 1 & 2 breathed new life into it, and Three Kingdoms is really good.

Warhammer 2, I keep coming back to again and again. Flying units in sieges adds a whole new dimension (no pun intended) :)
It was the Warhammer series that made me walk away from TW. About the only way I'll get excited again is if there's a TW:Medieval 3 in the pipeline. For a game that's almost 15 years old, Medieval 2 still packs a punch on a creaky old game engine.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Agree that Medieval 3 would be a great next step. They're running out of eras, but it's about better gameplay etc. If they could take the Three Kingdoms engine and apply it to Rome, Medieval, Shogun etc it would be great.

And @Gun_Brickie - you should maybe give the TW games a shot. I was a sceptic to begin with, but the gameplay is fantastic.

Agree that Medieval 3 would be a great next step. They're running out of eras, but it's about better gameplay etc. If they could take the Three Kingdoms engine and apply it to Rome, Medieval, Shogun etc it would be great.

And @Gun_Brickie - you should maybe give the TW games a shot. I was a sceptic to begin with, but the gameplay is fantastic.

I still play Rome 2 even now. The Empire version buffed out most of the bugs and shortfalls. The workshop mods on offer are excellent too. Medieval 3 would win me over big time, as I've enjoyed the middle ages total overhaul for Attilla.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
You'd think that but it'll take ages to unlock the carpentry units...

Then theres the teabreaks, "sorry Guv, cant get the right type of wood innit", and "we got a bigger job on, sorry"

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
"Elf'n'safety Guv, can't work at height without the Trade Union signing off innit?"

"Swords? Bloody swords? That will scratch the fcuk out of the varnish."

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
At least we now know why it took ten years.

I'd happily give somebody elses right arm for a new TW Medieval. Preferably with a really clever steategic/tactical AI and diplomatic system.

Used to enjoy some of the Paradox Studios strategy games but their DLC pricing is horrific. You'd have to sell your entire Snail **** bank album to the tabloids to buy a single DLC.

However, if anybody has TW Attilla, the Medieval Kingdoms 1212AD overhaul is good.

Dunno how many people they expect to get this, but dont be too upset if it takes a while to download! The Steam downloads for TW games can be a bit iffy when all the fan boys try to get it at the same time

When they offered GTA for free, it crashed Epic apparently - so I think some people might not even get a chance to get it for free!

Dunno how many people they expect to get this, but dont be too upset if it takes a while to download! The Steam downloads for TW games can be a bit iffy when all the fan boys try to get it at the same time
I assume this'll be on the Epic system, not Steam?

Latest Threads