Toshiba Portege R200 recovery disc.

#3
MuddyMettle said:
Hi All,

Would anyone know where i could download a Toshiba Portege R200 recovery disc.

Cheers
MM
Which operating system are you trying to recover?

msr
 
#7
Try a torrent site.

For example:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4056833/recovery_disk_toshiba

as to the model, any toshiba disk will do but you will then have to download the correct drivers for your particular device - easy enough - but at least you will be able to activate the version of OS that you want to.

Do you not have a copy of the COA on the device somewhere anyway? Using any old disk from wherever should do it - just enter the certificate of authenticity when prompted:

http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=windows+xp+home

http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=windows+xp+professional

Obviously you will need a bit torrent client to download a torrent file, for example:

http://www.vuze.com/app
 
#8
7and2suited said:
Try a torrent site.

For example:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4056833/recovery_disk_toshiba

as to the model, any toshiba disk will do but you will then have to download the correct drivers for your particular device - easy enough - but at least you will be able to activate the version of OS that you want to.

Do you not have a copy of the COA on the device somewhere anyway? Using any old disk from wherever should do it - just enter the certificate of authenticity when prompted:

http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=windows+xp+home

http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=windows+xp+professional

Obviously you will need a bit torrent client to download a torrent file, for example:

http://www.vuze.com/app
Cheers for your help,

I have a disc from my lap top but it's an Compaq it's doing something?

What is COA?

Cheers
MM
 
#9
The sticker with the license key on it. Probably stuck on the bottom of your laptop.

msr
 
#10
msr said:
The sticker with the license key on it. Probably stuck on the bottom of your laptop.

msr
Yes that's there.

What I'm trying to do is,
I was given 4 of these notebooks but all had been wiped, I would like to get them working with basic Office Word for my Wife's Cubs to use?

Cheers
MM
 
P

PrinceAlbert

Guest
#11
MuddyMettle said:
msr said:
The sticker with the license key on it. Probably stuck on the bottom of your laptop.

msr
Yes that's there.

What I'm trying to do is,
I was given 4 of these notebooks but all had been wiped, I would like to get them working with basic Office Word for my Wife's Cubs to use?

Cheers
MM
Are you married to a bear??
 
#12
PrinceAlbert said:
MuddyMettle said:
msr said:
The sticker with the license key on it. Probably stuck on the bottom of your laptop.

msr
Yes that's there.

What I'm trying to do is,
I was given 4 of these notebooks but all had been wiped, I would like to get them working with basic Office Word for my Wife's Cubs to use?

Cheers
MM
Are you married to a bear??
Was thinking of putting them in green and having my own Army?
 
#13
MuddyMettle said:
Cheers for your help,

I have a disc from my lap top but it's an Compaq it's doing something?

What is COA?

Cheers
MM
Certificate of Authenticty - shows to Microsoft you are allowed to have an XP installation on that machine..
 
#14
MuddyMettle said:
msr said:
The sticker with the license key on it. Probably stuck on the bottom of your laptop.

msr
Yes that's there.

What I'm trying to do is,
I was given 4 of these notebooks but all had been wiped, I would like to get them working with basic Office Word for my Wife's Cubs to use?

Cheers
MM
I can recommend OpenOffice - it is free. http://www.openoffice.org

msr
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top