Tosca PDT

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive been earmarked to go to Tosca next year, and I am idly wondering what the PDT consists of? I did Telic back in the day but imagine a somewhat different experience... So apart from Public Order, Judgemental shoots and how to correctly apply sunscreen, what else?

Ive been earmarked to go to Tosca next year, and I am idly wondering what the PDT consists of? I did Telic back in the day but imagine a somewhat different experience... So apart from Public Order, Judgemental shoots and how to correctly apply sunscreen, what else?
I did TOSCA a few years ago.

We did patrolling situations which had been come across, things like illegal migrants in the bz, overmanning on OPs, that sort of thing.

We also did a lot of patrol area specific stuff, so routes, rules (can't walk through this bit, must drive), history and cultural knowledge, that sort of thing.

A great 6 months kept me really busy as an LO. Give me a PM if you want to know more.

morsk

LE
How to apply suntan lotion and drinking

Stag and polishing op's for UN visits
Only 1 static OP these days, rest are patrol based. And even the static isn't continuous manning, only enough to maintain status quo and access.

morsk

LE
H

How much are beers and is the food any good on camp?
Beer is cheap as chips as there is nothing else to spend your money on, and the food is waaaaaay better than your cookhouse at home mate.

Guil

Crow
I did TOSCA a few years ago.

We did patrolling situations which had been come across, things like illegal migrants in the bz, overmanning on OPs, that sort of thing.

We also did a lot of patrol area specific stuff, so routes, rules (can't walk through this bit, must drive), history and cultural knowledge, that sort of thing.

A great 6 months kept me really busy as an LO. Give me a PM if you want to know more.
Hello Olaf,

I am hoping to go on operation Tosca, would love to have a chat with you about your experience there. I am currently transferring to 7 RIFLES. Any help you be great. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best, Guill.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
timpegasus Army Reserve 6
the_creature Army Reserve 79
damien437 Medals 24

Latest Threads