torys explain this one

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brighton hippy, Apr 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You're not a Tory voter are you.

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Great. Loads of my clients earn over 150k so thats saving me a head ache. Now if he will only reverse this stupid fcuking pensions limitations for people earning over 150K as well that would be nice.

3. Why do you resent successful people so much you wish to punish them financially for their success?

4. I for one, think that the tax rate inflicted on the higher earners is by far the most unfair tax going.

Why should someone who has got themselves into a great job, that pays a fantastic wage, have to suffer the cost of upto 50% tax on their earnings? just because they have the said job?

A set tax for all would be fairer, why should the higher earners, subsidise the lower earners?
    Just as why should those of us who pay the CSA subsidise those who dont?

I am a low earner by comparison, but I dont think its fair all the same.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Because he wants some of their money for himself, without working for it. Generation X, owed a fcuking living. :x

6. IHT now only paid by millionaires. Thousands of people taken out of IHT altogether.

50% tax rate will not actually produce any money. The people who earn enough to pay it, earn enough to pay people to ensure they don't pay it.

Don't know enough about your pensions snippet to comment.

7. So the 150k+ a year 50% tax rate is not much when a Cabinet Minister is on £149K a year by the labour Goverment is not a tax dodge then?

stilts

8. All MP's should pay the highest tax rate on 100% of their income, let's see how keen they are on tax rises then.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Nope they're just honest to goodness tax paying members of society, that and their allowances are tax fee.

[​IMG]

10. If everyone was on the same rate then people who earn more would obviously still be paying more!!.

As the standard of education has dropped so has the mathamatical ability of the muppits in charge.

What's a good reason for having different percentages of personal tax rates ??????????? - it only results in high earners fiddling their expenses.

11. FFS, you only pay 50 per cent on that chunk of your income that goes over £100K.
    With banded tax, only earnings above the threshold are taxed at the higher rate, so if the government introduced a 90 per cent rate on incomes above 250,000, someone earning 255,000 would only pay the 90 per cent on 5,000, as opposed to 40 per cent on 5,000. That's a difference of £2,275 - less than one per cent of their gross income. Extortionate, eh?
    Oh, sorry, I forgot - Arrse is actually "let's lick Cameron's Arrse".
    Anyway, it's nice to see the turkeys lining up to vote for Christmas. And talking of turkeys, what grips me is all those cnuts who repeatedly promised that they'd leave the UK if Labour won - Lloyd-Webber, Paul Daniels and the like. Why the f*ck are they still here?

12. Thanks for that, none of us knew how the tax system worked.

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

They are only still here because the die has not yet been cast.

If you think those that earn in the higher echelons will stay if tax rates reach such levels you are sadly mistaken, think back to the 1970's or google it if you are too young to remember.

It's not about the 2,275 extra, its the unfairness of being penalised for doing well that rankles. In case you didn't know, 50% of zero is still zero, think about it!!

14. Because they're a bunch of hypocritical cowards?

Do I win £5?