Torygraph story about UKIP Foster Parents

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pyianno, Nov 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't.

If the social worker has done this without any clear reason, other than them being members of UKIP, then they deserve to have their cheeks spread apart, followed by a good reamng with a Christmas tree.

Especially when you take in to account how many kids need foster/adoption homes, how hard it is for foster parents to become 'accreditited' and the DM story about how few people 'make the cut' to become Adoptive parents.

The setback to the elder kids could be quiet extreme, but even the baby may have been affected.

I'd like to think UKIP may have grounds for complaint being described as 'racist' too.

And no, I am not a UKIP supporter.
    • Like Like x 31
  2. what he said!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That sounds very much like the Social Work department didn't know the difference between UKIP and the BNP.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. I was sort of joking.

She (I assume it's a thick woman) sounds like a ****ing mong. However, I have a twang of sympathy given the shit-storm she's about to be subject to.
  5. why do you assume the social worker is female? It doesn't say that in the article does it?
  6. I have no such compassion, esp as it appears the kids have been split up. The lad went the next day, the girls by the end of the week it appears to say. I would assume a foster home for all three at such short notice would be quite the rarity.
  7. Whatever.

****ing the social worker and her organisation's arses ragged in Court isn't really going to get the erstwhile fosterers back on "The List", is it?

Especially when you take into account that it will be them who, even in the event of a favourable Court outcome for the fosterers, will be the ones making the decisions on any future placements.

A more amicable resolution is required.
  8. I suspect arse and elbow would cause them similar difficulties.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Because it's the image that pops up in my head whenever somebody says the words "social worker" to me. An interfering, undereducated bint.

Probably an accurate guess. However I can see why, when you have spastics like Baroness Warsi (former Chairman of the Conservative Party and still some sort of walking-dead Minister) saying on national telvision that UKIP and the BNP are one and the same, a lowly social worker would get the wrong idea.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It is the worm in the apple. Everyone is so petrified of making a bad call that daft things call in to question the ability to be adoptive/foster parents.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

She knew exactly what she was doing and the sooner the 'young generation' of politicos of whatever persuasion are taught that there are limits in a civilised society, the better. This was a disgusting abuse of power and I hope Milliband is hauled over the coals for this. Like CF, I'm no UKIP supporter - I see them as a dangerous distraction which will let Labour back in but this is completely out of order.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Probably too thick to know the difference between UKIP and the BNP.
  13. Nope, nor will it restore the previous set up.

On the other hand forcing a change in policy so others don't end up in a similar situation is never a bad thing. Even if it means the social workers have to do a 'political party diversity awareness and cultural course'.
    • Like Like x 1