• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tory sleaze is back with a bang

Whats Tory about it?
Its not party political, all of our politicians are united in their efforts to rob the public blind.
Doesn't matter what colour rosette they wear, they are all stealing.

Yep! Don't the Torys usually end up in sex sleaze cases. Like the last nameless Tory PM and a certain Lady MP.... nae name, nae packdrill.. all allegdedly of course... :roll:

Telegraph said:
Last night, the Metropolitan Police announced that it was considering complaints it had received about the expenses of six MPs, including Geoff Hoon, the Transport Secretary, and Alistair Darling, the Chancellor.
Ha, Why do I get the feeling that jail sentences are not around the corner?

jonwilly said:
Insert coin
I can't remember the details of the last lot of Tory Sleaze,
Perhaps you could enlighten the readership.
john
One of the more recent high profile cases.

Plenty more where that came from.

Face it,the tories are not going to come out of this well.Best to man up and take it on the chin,anything less will look like the pathetic Labour mewlings of 'it was within the rules'.

And never let it be said that I am not an equal opportunities seditionist. :wink:

Don't think anyone is going to come out of it well. Party politics are not relevant at the moment - everyone is going to get a piece of dirt stuck to them - less, it would appear, the SNP and SF, ironically. Lib Dems are keeping awfully quiet too, aren't they?

Did anyone else see how upset the Speaker was on the box this evening? That good old man of the people must have a lot to hide. Wonder when HE will come under the Telegraph's spotlight? As a reminder of his previous endevours

On 11 October 2007 Martin was criticised for spending more than £20,000 of taxpayers' money on lawyers to challenge negative press stories. Media lawyers Carter-Ruck were employed to represent him following articles querying his conduct. Martin was also criticised for the exemption of his wife, Mary, from security checks in the Palace of Westminster, where they live, and for trying to block the publication of details of MPs' £5m-a-year travel expenses under the Freedom of Information Act.[5]

More controversy followed in February 2008, when press sources reported that Martin used air miles accumulated on official business to fly his children and their families to London in business class. According to guidelines issued by the Members Estimate Committee, which Martin chairs, such air miles should be used by him to offset his own official travel costs.

On 24 February 2008, John Lyon, the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards, was asked by the TaxPayers' Alliance to investigate whether Martin had abused parliamentary expenses and allowances. Lyon is obliged to examine all such complaints though the Commissioner could rule that the complaint is unfounded. This followed a week in which Martin's spokesman, the veteran Whitehall communications chief Mike Granatt, resigned after admitting that he had unwittingly misled the Mail on Sunday over more than £4,000 in taxi expenses incurred by the speaker's wife, Mary Martin. Granatt blamed unnamed officials, but not the Speaker, for falsely informing him that the expenses were legitimate because Martin's wife had been accompanied by an official on shopping trips to buy food for receptions. It turned out that she had in fact been accompanied by her housekeeper, and catering for such receptions is the responsibility of the parliamentary caterers.[6]

On 29 March 2008, the Daily Telegraph revealed that refurbishment of Michael Martin's home has cost the taxpayer £1.7m.[7]

On 19 April 2008, an editorial in the left-leaning Observer newspaper renewed called for his retirement as Speaker, saying:
"A fish rots from the head down and in parliament the precipitous decline in ethics and probity begins with the speaker, Michael Martin. For years, the speaker and Mrs Martin have been plundering the public purse for an almost grotesque array of personal perks and foreign junkets. Only last week, we learnt of new beanos to the Gulf, in the wake of similar trips to Hawaii and the Bahamas."
Taken from wiki

Can't wait! :D

Insert
No No, your post suggests that there are some tales to tell from years ago,
Please tell us all about this Sleaze, the stuff that Harriet Harmon banged on about when Blur had his election victory, the Sleaze that must never happen again.
john
Cum on ya can do it.

jonwilly said:
Insert
Please tell us all about this Sleaze, the stuff that Harriet Harmon banged on about when Blur had his election victory, the Sleaze that must never happen again.
john
Cum on ya can do it.
Are you too young to remember the Hamiltons?

David Heathcoat-Amory claimed for more than £380 of horse manure for his garden

A bloke in our street paid to have a couple of tons of manure delivered to his allotment, however, he got the delivery address mixed up and he ended up with tons of manure being dumped on his driveway.

It did cause quite a bit of an eye watering stench in the street, but it was funny watching him trying to shovel it into a little trailer, to transport it to the said allotment. It took up most of his weekend to shift the shoite,but the smell lingered for a couple of days afterwards.

It could be said that the smell of shoite thats emanating from westminster will turn the voters away from mainstream politicians, but sheeple will still vote for the party that they hope will look after them,and keep them in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

After being unemployed for nearly six months,(couldn't even get a job at asda, stacking shelves for fecks sake. Although to be fair, they do employ a lot of ethnic minorities and I'm not one) and facing the real prospect of losing my house, I would like to say that the way that the majority of mp's have been claiming for everything they can, while a lot of genuine people have been looking for work, facing real hardships, it's just immoral.

I,m working now, and my house is safe, but there is no way on Gods Green Earth, I will ever vote for cameron or brown. I don't have an answer what needs to be done. I know there are educated people on this site, who could explain the way out of the mess that Great Britain is in but, brown and cameron are also supposedly educated.
WTF to do?

interestednovice said:
jonwilly said:
Insert
john
Cum on ya can do it.
Are you too young to remember the Hamiltons?
Perhaps this is what he meant.

Uber sleazy

Or this

Perverting the course of justice

Or this fella

Another very naughty boy

I am not quite sure what you are getting at. :?

Having emmigrated 2 days before "New Labour" came to power, the sleeze factor does to be a little like more of the same.
However as no fan of the Tories, it has to be said THEY ARE ALL AT IT
It seems though that when you think about it, instead of serious dosh from the odd privitisation scam, this is plain stupid.

Relatively paltry amounts (when compared to their "Salary"), that are easily demonstrated as venal when highlighted. The "bleating" of the various party sheep, when caught in the fold.
Apart from possible criminality, and as angry as I am, I have no confidence that ANY of them will face legal retribution, this simply proves how stupid the lot of them are. (I am angry as I still manage to pay more taxes in the UK than many!)

insert-coin-here said:
hairyarse2 said:
. I know there are educated people on this site, who could explain the way out of the mess that Great Britain is in but, brown and cameron are also supposedly educated.
WTF to do?
Read this and spread the gospel.

But he's a back bench MEP. When I get my finances sorted I'll splash out and buy his book. I've read the reviews, and it does seem half decent. It still doesn't change the fact he is unlikely to be The Leader of the Opposition or The Prime minister. Still, I'll see what the next few months brings.

I have 2 words margret thatcher, and a few more words. margret thatcher the milk snatcher the mines, the steel workers, bt, british gas.......................

Latest Threads