Tory Pledge to limit votes by Scots MPs - about bloody time.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo2nothing, May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the most interesting thing that 'Dave' has brought to the table so far. The West Lothian question has saved Labour on a number of occasions and I for one would be happy to see the limitation of voting rights for MPs who do not even live in England.

Daily Mail
  2. Not good enough, not good enough by a long shot. We demand political parity with the rest of the union ie an English Parliament, we also want a referendum on EU membership.

What good is a national parliament of any kind, if our laws are to be superseded by non elected foreign courts?

I consider it a move in the right direction but nothing more than that.
  3. My bold

It has already been pointed out that removal of Scottish Labour MPs would still leave the government with a majority :roll:
  4. Not disputing that Sven. A point that was made and is valid, relates to the Labour rebel MPs. Their voice would suddenly become louder.
  5. Only until the next election Sven, then we can send Brown home "Tae think again"

6. I know I shouldn't Cad, but occasionally You do raise a chuckle
  7. Would that be a good thing Cad?

Another boatload of second rate politicians elevated to 'parliamentarians'. A multi-billion pound office block to house them. A legion of new 'ministers' who all need their own chauffeur driven jaguar. Six figure expenses all round and god knows how many fact finding missions in Hawaii.
  8. I entirely agree. The first step only . . . . .

Until we overcome this absurd and damaging obsession with devolution and regionalism, it is logical and necessary.

We are a nation of 64m on a land area equivalent to Idaho, FFS! We do not need parish-pump politics and politicians. :x
  9. Nah, we'll send him back, may not be leader of NuLabor or PM but we'll send him back. :D

10. I think very few in Scotland would have any problem with this, as long as it in no way changes their position as UK MPs, that would be unacceptable, and would clearly lead to the end of the Union. Mr Cameron will need to tread carefully or lose what he strives to gain.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

"We" meaning who, exactly? The 'English Democrats' or whatever they call themselves, and their good buddies in the BNP?

The last thing I want to see is yet another layer of professional politicians with their snouts in the trough.
  12. I certainly agree with wanting less politicans with their snouts in the trough.

Ideally we want rid of seperate regional parliament MP's. A politician should represent the people of his or her constituency.

It would be a simple thing for all Welsh/ Scottish / English / NI Mp's to represent their own areas in the same parliament when appropriate and then double up for legislation that effects the UK as a whole.

This would solve both the WLQ and get rid of the extra wasters.

Now all we have to do is get ou of the EU and the Billions saved on MEP's and subsidising the Common Agricultural Policy could then be invested back in UK jobs.

Say what you like about the English Democrats CPunk, but it is better to be considered a racist by the raving lefties who use that meaningless label, than be considered a traitor to my country and my people by meekly watching its being sold down the river by corrupt politicians.