Tory Peers and others

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scoobish, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you bored today? All you've done is posted endless links to newspaper stories.

2. Non story.

3. Very much a Non-Story, they are all running large farms (and should be encouraged to do so). If subsidy is available they would be wrong not to take it. These farmers provide much needed work in rural areas where there is little work.

As, scoobish, you mention that you are a UKIP supporter, I notice that all UKIP MEP's are still firmly nose down in the EU trough claiming salaries and expenses. Are they not, by manifesto, opposed to the very existence of the organisation to which they commute every week, and which puts money into their bank accounts?

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

scoobish you're really starting to join the likes of ashie/sven/whet and parapuk. Its not conducive to credibility, repetitive bollox gets boring very quick.

5. Indeed, a non story. Farmers, or at least some of them, need EU subsidies to exist. If they did not get them we would very soon have less farmers.

6. Little known fact. Every time your friendly local supermarket does a price offer it's NOT the supermarket taking the hit, it's the supplier. That means when Tesco cuts the price of milk the Farmer is losing out. NOT Tesco's. why do you think so many milk farmers have binned it? Without the EU's cash we'd be importing every single drop of milk we drink by now.

7. Indeed. Dairy farmers did get a boost in the price per litre some years ago but the price paid is still not a fair one.

The same goes for beef, lamb and pork.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So whats your point? That the EU is full of sh1t with its fcuked up distortion of the market? Thats what it says to me.

9. OK,
    So it is a non story.

My view is this is EU money, originated from the British Tax payers EU contributions to EUrope of £16,500,000,000 billion quid...

If the farming subsidies came from British Treasury it would cost the tax payer nowhere near that amount.

Just a view

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You're just stupid.

I'm guessing they let you out for the Christmas break.

11. Try again. Think through the implications of importing every drop of milk we drink, or consume in cheese, butter and a host of other food products. Think through the implication of importing every single drop of milk whilst the Chinese are punching up their consumption of milk? If the Supermarkets are suddenly trying to source milk from overseas only do you think their power to dicate prices is going to survive? Is it f**k!

Tesco's suddenly tells it's milk supplier in Europe say "we're only paying 10p a litre this week" What do you think the supplier's going to say ? "No problem, I can get 21p a litre from someone else, Good Bye"

The power of the Supermarkets to screw our Farmers is dangerous, yet Food security is suddenly a new buzz word and worry. We've been f**king lucky for too long and pay far too litttle for our food. If you don't believe me, do some research, Our parents paid a greater percentage of their income on food than we do, our Grandparents paid out even more for food than we do.

12. Good points made 'Ord_Sgt' but I partly disagree.

Firstly, 'parapauk'. A 'study' of his posts reveals to me that he makes genuine observations and does not blindly follow a 'party line' or a line emanating from an underfunded 'asylum' for the intellectually challenged, as are invariably delived by the other three twerps you mention.

Secondly, 'repetitive' sadly is an adjective that invariably describes the latest 'bollox' perpetrated by this frantically awful government. I am guilt of such a 'boring' practice' Arrsers are not obliged to read posts.

13. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

My bold - that's a lot of money - do you perhaps want to edit that?

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The supermarkets should be nailed to the floor for their anti-competitive practices. Unfortunately, our so-called leaders have no balls, and the supermarkets are too big.

The Farmer's Union needs to grow a set too, and get all the farmers working together, en-mass, just like the French do, to get some control back over their own market.

The fact that they allow themselves to be dictated to in such a god-awful fashion by the supermarkets beggars belief.