Tory Party Leadership contest

Grieve's mother was French.
I'm aware, Grieve has consitently made it clear he'll obstruct deal no matter who is PM. Stand by for Labour 2.0 (2nd attempt) by Yvette Cooper et al to again block no deal too.

TBH, I don't trust either Boris OR Hunt to deliver/leave by 31st Oct as remain Parliament are hell bent on making everything difficult for both.

Too many In the House have vested self interests in losing out via no deal, for the next PM there's still a revised WA to thrash out even before the next stage of political declaration is challenged. And Brussels still refuse to accept an alternative WA only it's own drafted surrender document.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

All he would have to say to Her Majesty is "Look at how many of the parties MP's voted for me and how many of the party members voted for me in the leadership election ma'am."

Then when queenie has done her bit he needs to ask her to prorogue this literal Parliament of Whores.
All this infantile/student style politics is doing is hastening the demise of our current system of parliamentary/representative "democracy".

A house divided etc., to say nothing of the inherent corruption of both the institution and its inhabitants, time for a Herucles to step forward. Can't be long in coming.

The latest in the Tory leadership face off reference no deal.

Both candidates clearly out to win increasing support from the Tory membership base, even though Boris is apparently leading.

Brexit: Jeremy Hunt says he will abandon talks with EU a month early and let UK crash out if he has failed to persuade Brussels to renegotiate
He's upping the stakes a bit. There is more than one reason this could be.

1) He's bullshitting and will renege. He'll claim that there were signs of movement and he might actually take us beyond 31 Oct in the process (if the EU cooperates).

2) He knows that the EU will never budge in any meaningful way and by pre-empting the inevitable, it makes him seem a bit ruffty tuffty and no-nonsense.

3) The EU have given some indication to him that some miniscule movement on WA is possible and that he knows he will not have to action his threat.

Meanwhile Boris conytinues to huff and puff and issue blandishments about public sector pay rises without ever actually putting any meat on the bones.

What a pair.

He's upping the stakes a bit. There is more than one reason this could be.

1) He's bullshitting and will renege. He'll claim that there were signs of movement and he might actually take us beyond 31 Oct in the process (if the EU cooperates).

2) He knows that the EU will never budge in any meaningful way and by pre-empting the inevitable, it makes him seem a bit ruffty tuffty and no-nonsense.

3) The EU have given some indication to him that some miniscule movement on WA is possible and that he knows he will not have to action his threat.

Meanwhile Boris conytinues to huff and puff and issue blandishments about public sector pay rises without ever actually putting any meat on the bones.

What a pair.

Number 1. I don't trust that man to deliver Brexit any more than I do Jeremy Corbyn to become an international statesman.

Glad to see austerity is over and all the magic money trees have come into bloom.

More promises made by both of them than you can shake a shitty stick at.

All this infantile/student style politics is doing is hastening the demise of our current system of parliamentary/representative "democracy".

A house divided etc., to say nothing of the inherent corruption of both the institution and its inhabitants, time for a Herucles to step forward. Can't be long in coming.
One thing I would like to see come of this is a change of law to make manifestos legally binding. Some kind of traffic light thing so Green, we will implement this, eg Brexit. Amber, we will implement this unless significant circumstances outside our control stop us, eg a spending pledge in face of a sudden economic crisis and Red, this is just shit we are saying for votes, eg most of it.

It would at least give voters a guide to how much of each parties manifesto was bullshit before they vote for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bercow is waiting to see who gains power, if its Bojo you can guarantee the next amendment will go through for voting.

If its Hunt he knows he's a remainer and will only play lip service to a no deal and it'll be BRINO.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bercow is waiting to see who gains power, if its Bojo you can guarantee the next amendment will go through for voting.

If its Hunt he knows he's a remainer and will only play lip service to a no deal and it'll be BRINO.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
If BRINO, the Tories are finished.

Bercow is on borrowed time anyway.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Glad to see austerity is over and all the magic money trees have come into bloom.

More promises made by both of them than you can shake a shitty stick at.
All pale to nothing compared to May's threat to make the UK Carbon neutral by 2050, that's at least a trillion extra to come from somewhere

All pale to nothing compared to May's threat to make the UK Carbon neutral by 2050, that's at least a trillion extra to come from somewhere
I’m really happy, apparently I’m getting 20,000 new colleagues, a pay rise and the higher rate of tax is going up, so my overtime won’t be taxed at 40%.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, come on BJ.

May is out of a job in a couple of weeks, so she can continue spouting shit until then.

Whoop Whoop.

I’m really happy, apparently I’m getting 20,000 new colleagues, a pay rise and the higher rate of tax is going up, so my overtime won’t be taxed at 40%.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, come on BJ.

May is out of a job in a couple of weeks, so she can continue spouting shit until then.

Whoop Whoop.
I believe you'll find that BJ is just the new shit spouter-in-waiting.

Brecow, Gove, Starmer & Grieve ought to start their own political party & call it the Toady Party.
That avatar must be going down well with baggers!!! How is the daft tart by the way? I've not been postign for a bit as I'm too busy at work at the minute