Tory Party Leadership contest

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Starting lineup coming together and the "Off" not that far away - who then is going to be the next Leader?

Guido has the runners and odds as

Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy
I did consider a poll but there is no guarantee these people will actually survive a general election! especially Rudd who had a small majority converted into a tiny majority at the last GE :D

I'd be amazed if they manage to elect someone worse than Theresa May, so any change can't be worse than the current PM

Starting lineup coming together and the "Off" not that far away - who then is going to be the next Leader?

Guido has the runners and odds as

Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy
I did consider a poll but there is no guarantee these people will actually survive a general election! especially Rudd who had a small majority converted into a tiny majority at the last GE :D
Whereas a GE is a nice to have, displaying confidence (misplaced or otherwise), it's not necessary to have one just because the PM has gone.

For me it should be Boris as I believe he will get the country the best trade deals possible.

One Mr S Baldrick could win the poison chalice of PM and still not mess things up as badly as May and Cameron.

I'd be amazed if they manage to elect someone worse than Theresa May, so any change can't be worse than the current PM
Never underestimate the ineptitude of our Politicians! :smile:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I reckon Boris myself, high odds on DD which is odd under the circs, I hope it's not Gove he's a wretch.

I reckon Boris myself, high odds on DD which is odd under the circs, I hope it's not Gove he's a wretch.
I reckon anyone of those 3 (or JRM) will result in an immediate and irreversible fracture of the Party - as will the selection of (another!) PM who has Remain bias.
In a nutshell, they are stuffed!
I’ll have a sneaky quid on Jeremy Hunt - the c*nt! :grin:

If there is we can expect lots of "there must be a GE as we didn't vote for them as PM" from the Momentum and Labour/SNP who forget Brown as PM.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the 1922 Committee holds the key. Maybe they listen to their constituency chairmen, maybe not, but the criterion has to be someone who has the confidence of a majority of Conservative MPs. The membership doesn't count, let alone the plebs. The risk is that the MPs will pick a 'safe pair of hands' who is a total turnoff at the ballot box (which is where this mess started!). I don't see Boris winning this for all the bluster.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Hasn’t the WA got to passed first?
From what I heard it isn’t straightforward. I’d have thought Labour would be rushing to vote for the deal but apparently not.
I wouldn’t count ones chickens just yet.
Is John Redwood to old? I like him, an old Tory and talks straight.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
One Mr S Baldrick could win the poison chalice of PM and still not mess things up as badly as May and Cameron.
You never know, he might have a cunning plan to get us out of this mess.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You never know, he might have a cunning plan to get us out of this mess.
As cunning as a fox who has just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Jaw, jaw,jaw all weekend but nothing will happen until the Monday circus is over.

ugly

LE
Hasn’t the WA got to passed first?
From what I heard it isn’t straightforward. I’d have thought Labour would be rushing to vote for the deal but apparently not.
I wouldn’t count ones chickens just yet.
Is John Redwood to old? I like him, an old Tory and talks straight.
Shehas already stated (Christmas rings a bell) that she would leave this summer after brexit anyway, frankly I wouldn't trust her to breathe unassisted

Jeremy Hunt (with a silent C).

Gove

Etc

Etc

ugly

LE
Hopefully the Tory party has killed itself off along with Labour