Tory MP Stabbed

arfah

ADC
Hanging, drawing and quartering was good enough for Guy Fawkes, and he didn't kill anyone. Just saying.

Shame he evaded the executioner.

Guy Fawkes wasn’t hung, drawn and quartered.
He was supposed to be but it went slightly wrong. He fell from the scaffold and broke his neck.

Mbongwe

On ROPS
On ROPs

Proff3RTR

War Hero
a 25yr old man armed with a knife against an unsuspecting 69yr old man

i don't have the word to express the contempt i feel
Very brave of him………..typical of that sort of person though, go for the easy kill, the one that can not fight back or indeed even defend themselves. Despicable and cowardly.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
If it happened in France, the GIGN/RAID would be kicking in doors all over the country. We are a bunch of pussies in comparison.
I have to admit, I have no love for our Gallic cousins, but they do know how to respond to this sort of violence in the right way and they do not fcuk around, in smash some heads together and fcuk public opinion.

Mbongwe

On ROPS
On ROPs
It would depend on the motivation of the attacker. Random violence couldn’t be overlooked because the inability of many of our citizens to recognize an elected representative.
Slight thread drift, but I'm surprised these guys who assassinate / shoot US politicians never seem to get killed at the scene by police / Secret Service. I'm thinking of cases e.g. the guys who attacked Bobby Kennedy, Senator Giffords, President Reagan...

Slight thread drift, but I'm surprised these guys who assassinate / shoot US politicians never seem to get killed at the scene by police / Secret Service. I'm thinking of cases e.g. the guys who attacked Bobby Kennedy, Senator Giffords, President Reagan...
They need them alive for questioning. If there's a wider conspiracy, it needs to be unraveled fast.
Dead men can't talk.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
They need them alive for questioning. If there's a wider conspiracy, it needs to be unraveled fast.
Dead men can't talk.
No exactly, a few people to ‘work on’ need to be captured. The whole shebang if indeed there are more involved need exposing and capturing

Depends on what kind of resistance they offer after the fact.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
The French have got hell of a job on their hands but I've not seen anything after all the years of public atrocities and spectacular terrorist attacks that had made me think they've got clear plan of what they want their society to look like once they've tackled the problem nor how to even start on that path.

Dumb1

War Hero
It is time for a national debate on capital punishment. The state has no problem exercising lethal force as a principle, it is therefore just a question of the circumstances.

Mbongwe

On ROPS
On ROPs
It is time for a national debate on capital punishment. The state has no problem exercising lethal force as a principle, it is therefore just a question of the circumstances.
I've got no problem morally with applying the death penalty to those people we deem deserve it, but I don't think there's enough evidence to underpin the notion that it acts as a deterrent.

The French have got hell of a job on their hands but I've not seen anything after all the years of public atrocities and spectacular terrorist attacks that had made me think they've got clear plan of what they want their society to look like once they've tackled the problem nor how to even start on that path.
Thing with France is, to a far greater degree than the UK, what the North/South/East/West & Centre want are likely to be very different things.

TamH70

MIA
Maybe but they still cant tidy up the Paris ghetto`s .
That will never happen. The Banlieues are too far gone for anything but a full-scale military operation to sort things out.

Think Grozny or Fallujah on steroids. And every beggar and their mother will have mobile phones with cameras ready to upload footage of the Flics, the Army, and whoever else got dicked with the job of cracking heads to the Worldwide Web.

France doesn't have the political capital to weather the storm of protest that would come their way that that sort of footage would cause.

Last edited:

Latest Threads