Tory MP Stabbed

Like I said above, I don’t really care who agrees that the priest should have been allowed to see him or not :)
The fact that this kind of thing already happens day in day out shows…………That it does already happen.
There isn’t a useful debate to ask whether something we know happens……….happens ;)
Strange that a former policeman couldn't recall any instances of it happening, but you claim it does. If it does happen, it appears to be very rare.

Just because something happens doesn't mean it should.

TamH70

MIA

“The CPS has authorised charges against Ali Harbi Ali for the murder of MP Sir David Amess on Friday 15 October 2021. We will submit to the court that this murder has a terrorist connection, namely that it had both religious and ideological motivations.

“He has also been charged with the preparation of terrorist acts. This follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation. The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Ali are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”

It is extremely important there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings. The function of the CPS is not to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for a criminal court to consider.”

My emphasis.

Well, all I can say is "Best of British Luck on that one, buddy". Genie's already out of the bottle and it ain't going back in.

Slime

LE
Church wasn't a Catholic one. Methodist.

"Ali Harbi Ali, 25, from London has been charged with murder and preparing acts of terrorism, the Crown Prosecution Service said."

Ref your church comment, yes, I know.

So, does that it make the priests attendance more of the pretend comical coincidence I referred to, or because the priest knew?

I do find it a bit odd why so many people think their own belief or ideology trumps that of Sir David Amess himself!

TamH70

MIA

So, does that it make the priests attendance more of the pretend comical coincidence I referred to, or because the priest knew?

I do find it a bit odd why so many people think their own belief or ideology trumps that of Sir David Amess himself!

Belief? Ideology?

Nope. Try reading what Arte et Marte says. He's been a polis.

Slime

LE
Strange that a former policeman couldn't recall any instances of it happening, but you claim it does. If it does happen, it appears to be very rare.

Just because something happens doesn't mean it should.

Why is that strange?
Or, are you simply trying to twist what Ive actually said so you can have your way over the death of Ames’s and his religion…….That you knew sod all about?

Does his faith matter to you now?

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Like I said above, I don’t really care who agrees that the priest should have been allowed to see him or not :)
The fact that this kind of thing already happens day in day out shows…………That it does already happen.
There isn’t a useful debate to ask whether something we know happens……….happens ;)
That's it, we don't know it happens, it only appears to be you that says it does. Where does this happen day in day out? Have you a link to an up to date, modern, crime scene investigation, where a priest is swinging a smoking handbag around, whilst the paramedics try and save a life?

I have been to many crime scenes, as a Police Officer, and I have never seen a Priest admitted. It's not Hollywood you know.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

“The CPS has authorised charges against Ali Harbi Ali for the murder of MP Sir David Amess on Friday 15 October 2021. We will submit to the court that this murder has a terrorist connection, namely that it had both religious and ideological motivations.

“He has also been charged with the preparation of terrorist acts. This follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation. The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Ali are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”

It is extremely important there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings. The function of the CPS is not to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for a criminal court to consider.”

My emphasis.
Cheers old boy.

Slime

LE
Belief? Ideology?

Nope. Try reading what Arte et Marte says. He's been a polis.

Ive read, it, do you care to explain what you are actually trying to say?
You aren’t trying to say that having people other than the police there was the issue are you?
Thats a genuine question.

Why is that strange?
Or, are you simply trying to twist what Ive actually said so you can have your way over the death of Ames’s and his religion…….That you knew sod all about?

Does his faith matter to you now?
His faith doesn't matter to me.

The (sadly folorn) efforts to save his life matter. The preservation of the crime scene to ensure the best possible evidence in order to convict the alleged murderer matter.

Having the Priest there could have impacted both.

I had an irish friend die about 5 years ago.
His NI Catholic family and turned the funeral into a full blown, extremely depressing RC farce.
My friend had never made a religious comment that I heard.
The whole things made my blood run cold but some bint was in ecstatcy over it.
I am never going into any RC church again The whole thing was barbaric.

Slime

LE
That's it, we don't know it happens, it only appears to be you that says it does. Where does this happen day in day out? Have you a link to an up to date, modern, crime scene investigation, where a priest is swinging a smoking handbag around, whilst the paramedics try and save a life?

I have been to many crime scenes, as a Police Officer, and I have never seen a Priest admitted. It's not Hollywood you know.

As was said to me about you, read what I’ve posted :)
If the actual words I typed aren’t clear I’ll explain them :)

If it helps, have a look at post #1551

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, sadly jihadists tend to murder Muslims in huge numbers.

Culture and faith is no defence.

Khaled al-Assad being a classic example.

That sounds like a them problem not an us problem.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
His faith doesn't matter to me.

The (sadly folorn) efforts to save his life matter. The preservation of the crime scene to ensure the best possible evidence in order to convict the alleged murderer matter.

Having the Priest there could have impacted both.
This.

I am pretty sure that the first responders would have no idea of the religious persuasion of Sir David Amess when they arrived and when they were trying to save his life. It wouldn't have entered their heads to ask and if, in his awful, dying breaths, he had asked them, they would have been far too busy doing their job.

As was said to me about you, read what I’ve posted :)
If the actual words I typed aren’t clear I’ll explain them :)

If it helps, have a look at post #1551

You have no idea what happens or what a stabbing crime scene looks like. Your post #1551 offers nothing in the way of proof to what you are claiming. On the other hand, I have been there, and I feel confident that the other serving and ex coppers on this site will agree. I think you watch too much TV and believe its real old boy.

TamH70

MIA
Ive read, it, do you care to explain what you are actually trying to say?
You aren’t trying to say that having people other than the police there was the issue are you?
Thats a genuine question.

Okay, for one last time, the only people that should be at an active crime scene, like wot happened when Sir David Amess was stabbed to death by a piece of scum, are members of the emergency services, be that police, fire, or paramedic/ambulance staff. No one else. Not family, not friends. And especially not religious-type persons like priests, imams, mullahs, or gurus. If that sounds wrong to you, then you saying that extraneous people like that should be on an active crime scene sounds wrong to me.

They think they have nicked the suspect at the time. I can imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if a member of the God squad also got killed because the police were holding the wrong suspect or there was a second killer.

Or the crime scene was contaminated in some way, giving the defence something to work with, instead of it being an airtight case.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Okay, for one last time, the only people that should be at an active crime scene, like wot happened when Sir David Amess was stabbed to death by a piece of scum, are members of the emergency services, be that police, fire, or paramedic/ambulance staff. No one else. Not family, not friends. And especially not religious-type persons like priests, imams, mullahs, or gurus. If that sounds wrong to you, then you saying that extraneous people like that should be on an active crime scene sounds wrong to me.

I‘m afraid I’ve got some bad news for you.
Just like I said earlier, day in day out family members or friends are allowed to be with the victim or perpetrator of a crime while they are getting medical attention at a crime scene.

But, at least we are clear now. :)
When some hypothetical innocent kid gets stabbed and his is lying dying on the floor with paramedics all round him, you would be the one holding back his crying mother as she wants to be with him and at least hold his hand as he dies to give him some comfort.

Luckily imho, the police or paramedics do allow other people to be with the victim just like I mentioned earlier, or have seen with my own eyes. :)

I‘m afraid I’ve got some bad news for you.
Just like I said earlier, day in day out family members or friends are allowed to be with the victim or perpetrator of a crime while they are getting medical attention at a crime scene.

But, at least we are clear now. :)
When some hypothetical innocent kid gets stabbed and his is lying dying on the floor with paramedics all round him, you would be the one holding back his crying mother as she wants to be with him and at least hold his hand as he dies to give him some comfort.

Luckily imho, the police or paramedics do allow other people to be with the victim just like I mentioned earlier, or have seen with my own eyes. :)
Disagree, If my life was in danger I want calm professional around me, not tearful friends or family.

Latest Threads