Tory MP Stabbed

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
No, I do not.

I believe that I fully understand the over-importance placed on hadith, as it allows an individual or a school of thought to interpret the item with emphasis on their bias.

I suspect that we are close to violently agreeing here.
The interpreting is done on behalf of the extremist by various scholars rather than individuals. Thats why ideologues like Awlaki are of such importance and people like Anjem Choudhury are regarded as a joke (because he isn't a scholar).

I suppose you are seeking to remind the assembled company of the world-beating test & trace ? Or the world-beating cronyism, handing out contracts to friends and mates without competition and who did not have the required skillset anyway ? Or perhaps the placement of the sick into care homes ? Or perhaps the continued underinvestment in the NHS ? Or perhaps the wilful ignoring of Exercise Cygnus and others ?

No doubt you were instead following the government's preferred line of attack, i.e. seek to ride on the coat-tails of the vaccine programme - never forgetting to suitably emphasise the word Oxford of course. However as good as the vaccine programme may have been, I'm not quite sure it excuses everything that went before it.

It should also be noted that the ball has been somewhat dropped on vaccines, the pace of delivery on boosters to the elderly and getting coverage to the young is not what it was for the main programme. Ultimately the slowing of pace impacts everyone.

Do you guys work off the same checklist?

anglo

LE
No, you massively misunderstand the importance of the hadith. Yes the Quran is regarded as the perfect word of Allah but the gaps that remain are filled differently by the different sects & schools of jurisprudence. For the extremists, it's Quran, Sunnah and the examples of the pious predecessors (the salaf). This distinction is vital in understanding extremists, their justifications and their actions.
One Muslim believes that all non-believers should be killed,
one Muslim doesn't want to kill non-believers
They both belong to the Islam faith, I don't know which one wants to harm me,
So, I don't trust either of them, there are a lot of people like me.

Avoid them all where possible - better safe than sorry.

Slime

LE
Do you guys work off the same checklist?

Don't interupt things.
I'm sure @CyberCivvie was just about to point out that there are roughly forty thousand private care homes in the UK, and that each and every one is responsible for who they admit, or re admit into their home.
@CyberCivvie was probably about to add that every care home would have a care plan for each service user too.

I'm certain they were about to add that many companies have their own transport and collected the service users from hospital.

In short, I suspect we were about to hear that although each and everyone of those forty thousand homes needed a service user within the home to get paid the £800-2000 per week fee for looking after the service user that everything is the fault of the Tories. :)

I reckon he was about to add that although every single one of those private care homes was responsible for sourcing and paying for their own PPE, and although each of those homes WOULD have had a pre agreed infection control plan, it was still the fault of the one single Tory government that forty thousand private homes hadn't prepared adaquately.

endure

GCM
Playing it classy, while the major political parties don't put up any opposition:

Interesting snippet...

In a video posted to her account on VK.com, a Russian social media network yesterday, the 35-year-old said: "I don't care, I know what the left and media are gonna say, 'oh this is crass, oh she's trying to get publicity'.

Excellent opportunity to hand her her arse and totally humiliate her. Zero votes except that of herself and her minders would drive home the point nicely.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I would also add that some of these 'rules' are interpreted more strictly now than they were in the past.

In mid-1960s Aden, we rarely saw women wearing full black tents. On the few occasions we did, they were with Somali men and we assumed them to be visitiors from Somalia.

Many, but not all, women wore headscarves, and many but not all men, wore the longhi, or calf-length wraparound skirt-thing.

Also many did not fast during the day during Ramadan although they partied hard at Eid.

Seems Mohammed does indeed speak differently depending on which thug has custody of his word.

It's even more nuanced than that. The Muslim who does not want to do the dirty deed may be content that there are others who are willing to do so. He may even turn a blind eye or provide some measure of background support or assistance.

Ireland (on both sides of the border and even Irish people settled on the mainland) was full of such people.

Last edited:
Playing it classy, while the major political parties don't put up any opposition:

Her hobby is spectacularly losing election campaigns.

In three separate elections, she's gained a combined total of 156 votes.

This time however, she hopes to pick up the protest vote and finally cross the 1% threshold.

@Slime I shall refrain from comment.

@dogmeat whilst your original post did smell of bait, I made the age old error of being nice and offering an opinion. However aside from not wishing to drag this thread further off-topic, debating the politics of politics has never been my thing, there is sufficient drivel being spoken within the walls of Westminster and in the news. I have proffered my opinion on the Johnson era, others are welcome to disagree, that's just fine, such is the nature of free speech available when none of us live in China or North Korea.

The interpreting is done on behalf of the extremist by various scholars rather than individuals. Thats why ideologues like Awlaki are of such importance and people like Anjem Choudhury are regarded as a joke (because he isn't a scholar).

Unless you are the Daily Mail, in which case he is a ready source of easy quotes to generate outrage.

It has been suggested that Anjem Choudhury's public pronouncements have to be pre-approved by his handlers.

But that's probably just cynicism...

To pretend that when some corner shop jihadi sets off a bomb while screaming the takbir, has nothing to do with islam, is an insult to the intelligence of the nation.
To be fair, takbir (تَكْبِير) is the call that is replied with Allah Akbar
( الله اکبر ).

Think of it as the "hi di hi", to which you reply "ho di ho".

Cannot set those red coats off too early, or to the wrong chant!

To be fair, takbir (تَكْبِير) is the call that is replied with Allah Akbar
( الله اکبر ).

Think of it as the "hi di hi", to which you reply "ho di ho".

Cannot set those red coats off too early, or to the wrong chant!

Allahu Akbar! Best to get it right. You're life may depend on getting it right.

Her hobby is spectacularly losing election campaigns.

In three separate elections, she's gained a combined total of 156 votes.

This time however, she hopes to pick up the protest vote and finally cross the 1% threshold.
Despicable munter and even worse Human Being. She makes ‘Our Angela’ look like a serious Politician.

@Slime I shall refrain from comment.

@dogmeat whilst your original post did smell of bait, I made the age old error of being nice and offering an opinion. However aside from not wishing to drag this thread further off-topic, debating the politics of politics has never been my thing, there is sufficient drivel being spoken within the walls of Westminster and in the news. I have proffered my opinion on the Johnson era, others are welcome to disagree, that's just fine, such is the nature of free speech available w

Yup.

Boilerplate Boris Grr.

It's like you people aren't even trying any more.