Tory MP Stabbed

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just because you're born in a stables doesn't make you a horse

Nationality is not the same as species, an American can become an Briton, or vice versa through birth and choice. A cow cannot become a horse through birth or choice.

Nationality is not the same as species, an American can become an Briton, or vice versa through birth and choice. A cow cannot become a horse through birth or choice.

Legally but not necessarily culturally. or do you believe that everyone who lives in America is a native American and lives in a wigwam?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Legally but not necessarily culturally. or do you believe that everyone who lives in America is a native American and lives in a wigwam?

I said American, I did not say Souix, Lakota or Shawnee, whilst they all might be Americans, not all Americans will be from one of them, unless Born or adopted by those Nations.

Under your same, you would deny British Jews and those of Huguenot descent their British Nationality

What he said \/

Screenshot_20211017-175107_Twitter.jpg

He's hit the nail on the head there.

I said American, I did not say Souix, Lakota or Shawnee, whilst they all might be Americans, not all Americans will be from one of them, unless Born or adopted by those Nations.

Under your same, you would deny British Jews and those of Huguenot descent their British Nationality

So when Germany invaded Poland, would anyone giving birth there suddenly be Germans

Are all Poles Germans now?

Slime

LE
Sir Robert Winston walt ;)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So when Germany invaded Poland, would anyone giving birth there suddenly be Germans

Are all Poles Germans now?

Sigh, Americans are those born in the United States of America which was founded 4th July 1776, all those born after that date within the boundaries of that nation are Americans, that Nation also contains smaller First Nations or the Indigenous Peoples, those not born, adopted into or descended from the tribes that make up the First Nations, cannot describe themselves as such. So All First Nations may be Americans but not all Americans are First Nations

Or to put in UK terms, All English, Scots and Welsh are Britons, but not all Britons are Welsh, English or Scots.

When Germany Occupied Poland during the War it broke down the Population according to a number of categories, which was known as the Deutches Volkelist consisting of 4 categories

• Category I: Volksdeutsche (German > "Ethnically German") —Persons of German descent who had engaged themselves in favour of the Reich before 1939.
  • Category II: Deutschstämmige (German > "of German Descent") — Persons of German descent who had remained passive.
  • Category III: Eingedeutschte (German > "Voluntarily Germanised") — Indigenous persons considered by the Nazis as partly Polonised (mainly Silesians and Kashubs); refusal to join this list often led to deportation to a concentration camp.
  • Category IV: Rückgedeutschte (German > "Forcibly Germanised") — Persons of Polish nationality considered "racially valuable", but who resisted Germanisation.
Those who refused to sign up or register, for Categories III & IV, were imprisoned or sent to Concentration Camps, and their children taken and forcibly Germanised.

After Germay's defeat the Volksliste no longer had any force, and Poles rejected the forced National Identity. those in the Purer Categories were driven out of the country or fled.

A law both no longer in force and and utterly rejected by those upon which it is imposed is meaningless.

The UK, and its precusor nations, have nationality & Immigration acts stretching back to the 1300s, but these have been superseded many, many times since then, in fact in the 20th Century there were 7 different Nationality Acts (1914, 1948, 1958, 1964,1965, 1981) before we find ourselves in the 21st Century under the 2002, along with the above acts there were also various Independence Acts, Commonwealth Immigration Acts (1962, 1968 ), The Immigration Act 1971 and so on. Each of those altered the law and definintion of who was and was not a British Citizen, until today where we are defined by the 2002 Act, and under that the terms of that act our suspect meets the criteria and has been accepted as such by the authorities.

So under the terms of our own extant laws, not the rejected, unenforcible laws of a defeated power, our suspect meets the requirements and was accepted as a British citizen.

Last edited:
And as I wrote above, without a national population database, and ID numbers, and pay-as-you-go throwaway phones...
Nope, civil rights in UK will NOT allow it. Effectively a Big Brother argument.

That and the fact it will not solve the problem.

A criminal is by pure definition, someone who demonstrates contempt for the law and due process.

Tell a criminal they can't have a phone unless they show up somewhere with their state-issued ID ?

Sure, that'll work.

They'll just go mug a granny for their phone.

A criminal is by pure definition, someone who demonstrates contempt for the law and due process.

No. A criminal is someone who has done something illegal. They may have a great respect for the law.

Due process? You’ve been watching too much American TV. It’s not a British thing.

No. A criminal is someone who has done something illegal. They may have a great respect for the law.

Not sure I follow. If you respect the law, why would you knowingly break it ?

As for "due process" being American terminology, I think the UK got there first: Observance of due Process of Law Act 1398. More recent uses of "due process" in the UK legal world also available for viewing on BAILII.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 100463

Not sure I follow. If you respect the law, why would you knowingly break it ?

As for "due process" being American terminology, I think the UK got there first: Observance of due Process of Law Act 1398. More recent uses of "due process" in the UK legal world also available for viewing on BAILII.
Have you ever gone 1mph over the speed limit?