Tory MP Stabbed

Why stop with murder? Other crimes that have lengthy prison terms are equally costly, so by your argument an armed robber should be killed because it is more cost-effective to do so.

Whole life tariff is what it is, locked up to die in prison. A waste for them and a waste for us. Just bin them and get it done. Sorry if you don't agree.

exsniffer

War Hero
Oink, flap, oink, flap.

The establishment are terrified of what they've wrought, and will never allow such a discussion. The connection between the invitation to bump off the unbelievers in The Book* and the actions of Islamists who go postal will be denied at all turns and sadly I feel there will never be a way out of this.

*legend has it Churchill, after reading it, said "as long as there is this book, there will never be peace", and though it may one of the things attributed to Churchill which he never actually said it certainly sounds like him.
The Churchill quote ia remember IRRC " Islam is to man as rabies is to dogs"

D

Deleted 100463

For a stick on case like this?

Torn between no, hell no and yes, by the most incompetent Lionel Hutz-like barrister in England. There has to be at least one of them with that level of competence outside of Couldn't Prosecute Satan.
I gave a funny, but will answer seriously.

They (his barrister) are unlikely to be going in there trying to prove his innocence.

Everyone is entitled to have someone qualified and competent to be there for them during a trial, if not trying to defend them, at least making sure the proper legal procedures etc are adhered to, as anything untoward or legally incorrect could potentially used in an appeal later on.

Edit to add: The prosecution may have a "slam-dunk" case here, but it is down to them to make sure they see it through with a thorough and professional job.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Those who wish for a return of the death penalty share common ground with *checks notes* Islamists. Death is the judgement for a whole raft of crimes within the religion.

If the death penalty ever returned in the UK it'll be at the behest of religious lobby groups who've been emboldened over the years to discourage criticism of theocratic laws.

As for the alleged murderer of the MP, he'll have more in common with a ginger jihadi with white grandparents than he will any large established Muslim community in the UK.

If you think these Islamists are a bother to mainstream society, you should see what effect they have on actual Muslim communities where they are freer to intimidate & threaten.

The sooner society understands that Islamists aren't the Muslim equivalent of non-practicing Christians and do genuinely believe that it's theocratic law or war, the sooner we might get round to tackling the issue.

Make it impossible to survive in this country as an Islamist and we might see people stopping being attracted to the ideology.

“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.” (AI-Baqarah, 2:216)

TamH70

MIA
I gave a funny, but will answer seriously.

They (his barrister) are unlikely to be going in there trying to prove his innocence, even if he was unwell/stupid enough to want to plead not guilty.

Everyone is entitled to have someone qualified and competent to be there for them during a trial, if not trying to defend them, at least making sure the proper legal procedures etc are adhered to, as anything untoward or legally incorrect could potentially used in an appeal later on.

Yeah, you're right. Though it's annoying as this very trait of ours, to give at least on the face of it fair trials to scum like him, isn't seen as a sign of strength on our part by him and those like him, but a sign of weakness. After all, it wouldn't happen in the places where they come from or where their families are from, where justice is either for sale or non-existent, or even worse, religion-based.

I'm not really sure that once convicted, as I'm sure he will be, he should go to jail for the rest of a probably long natural life. If the evidence is incontrovertible, unchallenged, and firmly established seven ways from Sunday, then he is one of those I'd suggest that the death penalty is reinstated for. Retrospectively in several cases.

I doubt that it will happen though, unless another Member of Parliament, or more, gets murdered.

I’m not going through 30 pages, but reference MP security and has anyone brought it up.
If it’s possible why not use unemployed military Veterans, or with military bases closing keep why not the MPGS in plain clothes.
We certainly haven’t got enough Civilian Coppers to do the job.
A task for the suggested Arrser Reserve Regt? Have we still got enough stock of THAT RIFLE to go round?

we are all supposed to be equal in the eyes of the law.
You are looking at the victims, not the perpetrator when applying that principle.

Tool

LE
BB were, I was told, Cof E, while Scouts were non denominational?
From a Seffrican point of view - BB was (and may still be) "Christian", rather than denominaitonal-within-Chritianity. It certainly was when I were a lad in the BB. Apparently the Scouts were launched when Baden-Powell thought that the religion of BB was getting in the way.

D

Deleted 100463

Yeah, you're right. Though it's annoying as this very trait of ours, to give at least on the face of it fair trials to scum like him, isn't seen as a sign of strength on our part by him and those like him, but a sign of weakness. After all, it wouldn't happen in the places where they come from or where their families are from, where justice is either for sale or non-existent, or even worse, religion-based.

I'm not really sure that once convicted, as I'm sure he will be, he should go to jail for the rest of a probably long natural life. If the evidence is incontrovertible, unchallenged, and firmly established seven ways from Sunday, then he is one of those I'd suggest that the death penalty is reinstated for. Retrospectively in several cases.

I doubt that it will happen though, unless another Member of Parliament, or more, gets murdered.
I'm finding as I get older, a lot of my personal beliefs/opinions really do get tested by events like these, that make me question them in a way i'm not entirely comfortable with.

Like in this instance where I personally am against the death penalty, but find it hard to stand by it when such a foul creature kills an entirely innocent man for seemingly nothing more than mindless hate.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
If Ali Harbi Ali sounds like a nom de guerre.

Harbi (حربي) meaning military / warlike.

If you think these Islamists are a bother to mainstream society, you should see what effect they have on actual Muslim communities where they are freer to intimidate & threaten.

Since I would expect these "intimidate & threats" to reach a criminal threshold, in UK Law, why are they not then reported to the police, is it because the "community" does not wish the police to be concerned with policing that community, who wishes to keep it in house. Or does that community distrust the police because they enforce man made law.

The sooner society understands that Islamists aren't the Muslim equivalent of non-practicing Christians and do genuinely believe that it's theocratic law or war, the sooner we might get round to tackling the issue.
I rather think that many know and understand that there is a ongoing ideological war. One that is not native to to this island is clearly being waged. Being open and saying as such though brings the useful idiots of the left screech as soon as something is said that, it's racism not that Islam is a race, or they scream islamaphobia.

Make it impossible to survive in this country as an Islamist and we might see people stopping being attracted to the ideology.
I am I suspect not alone in asking how should the state do that, without once again the useful idiots of the left screeching it's racism or islamaphobic, thus fortifying the Islamists position.

“And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.” (AI-Baqarah, 2:216)

In all honesty, is quoting a surah meant to make anything better. Like it or not that book and that faith are the part of the causes of friction, between communities.

. . . and then we have this:

An ex-public official and former serving police officer totally misjudges the mood of the country whilst (possibly) believing that his profound comments will only be seen by his like-minded Plaid foot soldiers.

This less than a month of writing an op ed Former North Wales PCC, Arfon Jones, condemns denial of police misogyny highlighting what he perceives as deep rooted misogyny in the police services.

Despicable Nationalist creature.

endure

GCM
. . . and then we have this:

An ex-public official and former serving police officer totally misjudges the mood of the country whilst (possibly) believing that his profound comments will only be seen by his like-minded Plaid foot soldiers.

This less than a month of writing an op ed Former North Wales PCC, Arfon Jones, condemns denial of police misogyny highlighting what he perceives as deep rooted misogyny in the police services.

Despicable Nationalist creature.
He's obviously not read as far as 'hypocrisy' in the dictionary...

arf1.JPG

arf2.JPG