Tory MP Stabbed

The problem is that successive governments have actively encouraged and facilitated the conditions for such events. And when the inevitable does occur the only response is a rather pitiful whining grief fest.
I wasn’t being a funny cnut, your answer was still vague.

Example

I immigrated to Australia, you are joining a community that has mainly grown up together, they dont judge each other because they know everyones "quirks" from history since school, you are not accepted because they dont need to, they already have a stable social network. A lot of Pommes in Aus gravitate together because of that, we all have the same issue.

I made friends through my kids sports clubs with other aussies and got into their community, it wasnt easy but it helped being very similar, speaking the same language and being a piss head into cricket and football.

I moved states and my kids were all grown up so they dont need parents at sporting events any more, the only way to really make new friends was through work.

Now you put a young Somali in here, nothing in common with the locals just like the Pommie but you dont have kids, you dont have a family, you dont drink, you are not good at any sport or just dont like it, you dont have a job, where do you start to integrate?

I dont want to generalise too much but lets say a computer, you like that, you join on-line communities which are more toxic than any pub or sports group or social group and that is your life in the UK. You get homesick, you venture into why you cannot assimilate into the UK and the only answer to your problems will be that is isnt your fault, its that of whitey.

So yes, the governments may facilitate the conditions, but without putting words into your mouth, perhaps there is a big misunderstanding of how immigration works?

At school over here in Aus, sometimes the new kids get older kids as their 'mentor' in lower school, I remember when my daughter moved into high school, her mentors were now 3 years into high school and grown up and they just gravitated to her when she joined and helped her fit in.

Life is no different when you are older, you are just expected to sort it out for yourself.

Sorry for the essay.

endure

GCM
Though his views would not be tolerated now (he was against decriminalisation of gay sex, for example), he did tidy up a bunch of war criminals and set the tone for the lawful preservation of national security.
I bet he was really p*ssed off with John Wolfenden :wink:

Have to say, 'passed away' is a bit easier to read & deal with than 'stabbed 8 times (in the neck)' for example

Considering the Govt. have already used the word 'Terrorism' I am quite happy with the word ' murder' following it.
Quite frankly - it couldn't be anything else, really.

If anything good can come out of this outrage - it will be to look honestly at what factor(s) influenced this piece of shits actions - and then take effective steps to stop it recurring.

If the solution is hobbled in any way by our existing Human Rights Act - I suggest therein lies the heart of the problem.

If the Act is found wanting - it should be suspended in its entirety and completely rewritten. Exceptional circumstances Courts could be set up to manage the intermediate period.

Tell me please, the actual benefits of Capital punishment?

I genuinely would like to know because deterrence is not one of them, and never has been, so there must be some others of which I am unaware.

I genuinely would like to know because deterrence is not one of them, and never has been, so there must be some others of which I am unaware.

Lack of repeat offenders?

How do we know?
If some scrote was going to use a blade, or stamp on granny's head, maybe he'd think twice if he knew he'd be dangling from a gallows if he got caught?

Lack of repeat offenders?
Oh I am not saying they shouldn’t be locked up, and I think life should mean life. So if they are locked up, then they won’t be able to repeat their crime.

So no, it isn’t that. You heed to try again.

What benefits are there to Capital punishmen?

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
When Sarah Everard was murdered it’s protests disguised as vigils, #maleviolence all over Twitter and police chiefs being forced to resign for suggesting women be more streetwise.

All the talk this morning is of MPs changing their ways and not a mention of “Muslim violence”.

And we all know where appeasement leads...what the authorities are really afraid of is the fact, the cast iron fact, that while civilised western societies are extremely tolerant, that tolerance is not infinite. If the political elite can not (or will not) solve the islamofascist problem infesting our cities, they will surely turn Eastern European style to hard line parties, who will.
There won't be any hard line parties. They'll make damn sure of it.

As the murder rate is roughly double what it was before capital punishment was abolished, it looks like it did deter some people.
An inconvenient fact for those who oppose it.

Oh I am not saying they shouldn’t be locked up, and I think life should mean life. So if they are locked up, then they won’t be able to repeat their crime.

So no, it isn’t that. You heed to try again.

What benefits are there to Capital punishmen?

It's cheaper than locking them up for life and more humane than giving them no hope of a life

What benefit is there to society in locking them up for life, if you think they are that much of a threat to society?

More.
I recall a few years back watching a documentary about the violence in Britain in the late 50s, especially the teddy boys.
The one chap interviewd said he used bike chains and straight razors as weapons, even though he had access to lots of WW2 'bring-back' stuff like bayonets and pistols.
His reason for not using purpose built weapon was that it was a guaranteed hanging if anyone was killed with them.

No crime - Including murder has never happened inside our prisons ?

Uh - Huh

Righto

D

Deleted 100463

As the murder rate is roughly double what it was before capital punishment was abolished, it looks like it did deter some people.
An inconvenient fact for those who oppose it.
What are the numbers for the country you reside in, and does it have the death penalty?

Latest Threads