Tory MP Stabbed

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
To prove murder you must prove intent. To claim it is murder before the trial can prejudice the jury and thus all public figures in the UK are being careful how they phrase it.

I have no issue with this, and once someone is found guilty and sentenced then I hope the language changes.

Just did some googling, and came up with this, with regards to Jo Cox, the murdered Labour MP.

A by-election in Batley and Spen was held on 20 October 2016. Labour candidate Tracy Brabin, ... won the by-election with 86 percent of the vote. The Conservative Party, Liberal Democrats, Green Party, and UKIP did not contest the election as a mark of respect.

One wonders if Amess will be equally 'respected'?

To prove murder you must prove intent. To claim it is murder before the trial can prejudice the jury and thus all public figures in the UK are being careful how they phrase it.

I have no issue with this, and once someone is found guilty and sentenced then I hope the language changes.

So are you saying they can't just say "March the guilty bastard in" on his court appearance

Just did some googling, and came up with this, with regards to Jo Cox, the murdered Labour MP.

A by-election in Batley and Spen was held on 20 October 2016. Labour candidate Tracy Brabin, ... won the by-election with 86 percent of the vote. The Conservative Party, Liberal Democrats, Green Party, and UKIP did not contest the election as a mark of respect.

One wonders if Amess will be equally 'respected'?
One would certainly hope so.

Interesting that it's now being claimed that this is an Islamic terrorist attack.

Nutters, everywhere!

I doubt it very much, if the public had to make a personal decision on a Jury that would result in the killing of a person in cold blood.

google say UK public opinion has fallen to 48% in favour of capital punishment.

I'd happily do the hanging, I reckon with a smile on my face & a song in my heart....

He's got more important shit to deal with at the moment such as cancelling a mass gathering on NYE due to Covid, but getting slagged off for allowing another mass gathering (Diwali celebrations in Trafalgar Sq on Oct 23rd) due to Covid (apparently last year's celebration was cancelled so this years had to go ahead).
And the introduction of the ULEZ charges in a week. £12.50 per day to keep a diesel in London, basically

Slime

LE
And how does the Mayor of Londonistan define the murder...

FBwfPe4XsAUrL3w

"....Sir David has passed away".

Interesting that a man who was once a solicitor uses language like that.

I suppose that does look bad, but maybe it's because it doesn't cover ALL he said.......but I'm not surprised.

He ALSO said it was awful circumstances, and a senseless and despicable attack.........but then if those words were added, your pic would sound quite the same. :)

We won't do a single thing. Ironically, the government is probably more likely to do something to appease muslims rather than deal with the elephant in the room.

Appeasement is a lot easier than finding a solution

Or just possibly we have laws in this country to assure a lawful process.

Social media users must think before they post – the rules are the same as those for traditional media, and being found in contempt of court could result in a fine or up to two years in prison.

Robert Buckland, Solicitor General
5 March 2019

Corbyns facebook has a respectful message offering condoloncies -

Doesnt mention the manner of his death - equally doesnt use phrases such as passed away.

Even his supporters have generally been civil and those who have gone to the usual - this is what they deserve for murdering the sick / lame / old etc have been roundly condemned.

Its not suprising* that Social media such as face ache / twitter in general havent rallied round with flags or a grief fest as they did for Joe cox / Flloyd / - N E Other - but it is notable that either the usual rabid mongs are not posting the usual diatribes or the general public who would normally share anything anti Tory arent.

Perhaps an indication that the adults have looked at Rainers remarks and considered the ramifications - theres certainly been a fair few comments along the lines of we can dissagree on politics and still be friends** or at least be civil and respectful

* In as much as we all know that they as platforms are politically dominated by the left

**Regretably accompanied by lots of remarks such as not if they are racists / homophobes etc -which a misses the point and b) somewhat ironic r since you know the author is in the facist = doesnt agree with me camp and is blissfully unaware that he / she / it / them / there / is the type of person the post is aimed at

Appeasement is a lot easier than finding a solution
And we all know where appeasement leads...what the authorities are really afraid of is the fact, the cast iron fact, that while civilised western societies are extremely tolerant, that tolerance is not infinite. If the political elite can not (or will not) solve the islamofascist problem infesting our cities, they will surely turn Eastern European style to hard line parties, who will.

Last edited:
While I appreciate your point of view, I disagree with virtually every aspect of your assessment, for the following reasons:
  1. Never, ever is a very long time and you have no idea how society will feel about the death penalty in a generation or two. Even now the majority of the public agree with capital punishment, but not in sufficient numbers to make our representatives alter their stance. There’s nothing that says that may not change in the future.
  2. A bit of hyperbole on your part with the use of the term ‘the Dark Ages’, unless you consider everything pre-1998 the Dark Ages*. I don’t think many would agree with you.
  3. So far as I’m aware, there was no problem with juries convicting in the past when the death penalty was still with us and if society is of an opinion that it should be re-instated, it’s because the vast majority of people desire it. Those same people would be forming the juries of that society.
*When the death penalty for treason was abolished.
I still can't see how the planets would ever align on this Alt-fantasy world to allow the reintroduction of capital punishment. There is an excellent post above outlining why it was dropped for so many ither offences during the Early Victorian period.

D

Deleted 100463

Was he on death row ?
Didn't read the link then...

He was sentenced to death, had an appeal rejected by the Florida Supreme Court.... Luckily for him it worked out in the end.

Have some more examples ;

Slime

LE
Chamberlain did very well at that.
Did he?
Or, as his diaries and memoirs show, did he know exactly what was going to happen so bought time for the UK to re arm itself

Latest Threads