Tory MP Stabbed

Eh ????

By all accounts the POS carried out the stabbing and sat around waiting to be arrested.

Not much you can do to prejudice that.

Of course.

Silly me and my residual fondenss for law and proceedural correctness, I forgot.

Silly me and my residual fondenss for law and proceedural correctness, I forgot.

No need to be sarcastic

There is nothing wrong with having a fondness for the Law and observing procedural correctness.

So put your sarcastic head back on and explain to me like a 5 year old how words are going to influence the trial ( or hearings ) of someone who -

1. Carried out a stabbing leading to the death of the victim.

2. Sat around waiting to be arrested.

3. Cops arrive and arrest him.

It's a slamdunk and nothing is going to prejudice any subsequent hearings.

No need to be sarcastic

There is nothing wrong with having a fondness for the Law and observing procedural correctness.

So put your sarcastic head back on and explain to me like a 5 year old how words are going to influence the trial ( or hearings ) of someone who -

Does not saying something is a foregone conclusion actually strike you as prejudicial ?

She is not out of the woods yet. Her comments could be seen as empowering and emboldening terrorists and extremists by dehumanising Tory MP's.
In context with your post.

A very lazy Google will offer up scores of 'merchandise' like below, some of which openly for sale at previous Labour Party Confrences. My lazy Google search does not bring up similar themed 'merchandise' against Labour (but standing by to be corrected).

save-a-fox-hunt-a-tory-t-shirt-800x800.png

mug-tories-lower-vermin-slogan_360_10a239ee0dfdd031834ff655f5f7831c.jpg

A very lazy Google will offer up scores of 'merchandise' like below, some of which openly for sale at previous Labour Party Confrences. My lazy Google search does not bring up similar themed 'merchandise' against Labour (but standing by to be corrected).

We'll have to await device downloads, but I suspect the attacker is more likely to have a drive full of sermons by people like Muhammad al-'Adnānī rather than paying attention to Angela Raynor or the labour party ?

View attachment 610129

View attachment 610130
hate speech.
But allowed.
however, if the tables were turned, imagine the left-wing howlers?

Does not saying something is a foregone conclusion actually strike you as prejudicial ?

No - I really cannot say that calling him guilty is prejudicial **

** I'll leave it to others to fight / argue over his mental state.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And how does the Mayor of Londonistan define the murder...

FBwfPe4XsAUrL3w

"....Sir David has passed away".

Interesting that a man who was once a solicitor uses language like that.
He's got more important shit to deal with at the moment such as cancelling a mass gathering on NYE due to Covid, but getting slagged off for allowing another mass gathering (Diwali celebrations in Trafalgar Sq on Oct 23rd) due to Covid (apparently last year's celebration was cancelled so this years had to go ahead).

We'll have to await device downloads, but I suspect the attacker is more likely to have a drive full of sermons by people like Muhammad al-'Adnānī rather than paying attention to Angela Raynor or the labour party ?
Agreed,

My point was more the ongoing 'culture' that exists and is fed by (sometimes) the left.

Even to the point of attempting to make the word 'Tory' a grave insult.

It is time for a national debate on capital punishment. The state has no problem exercising lethal force as a principle, it is therefore just a question of the circumstances.

There are many murders every year and any debate is quite muted.

No need to be sarcastic

regular at Alan's snackbar or not.. bamg to rights as he may be.. there are still questions of competence and responsibility that may need to be decided by a jury. And that process still needs to be, and seen to be, robustly just.

notwhoiam

Old-Salt
Regardless of where anyone sits on the political spectrum, this is an attack on democracy.
RIP.

Or maybe actually waiting for the courts to deal with the matter, and not risk prejudice to subequent hearings?

I don't see the "M" word used by the Prime Minister here, for example?
Pinched from BiasedBBC...

"This character hasn’t been charged yet – so free speech and speculation on him is still legal …. Obviously when he is charged – which I suspect will be sooner than later – and definitely before the Sunday papers get a grip with this – then comment must be closed down …."

Regardless of where anyone sits on the political spectrum, this is an attack on democracy.
RIP.

So are XR, IB, Common Purpose etc

It's just a bit harder to claim this one as harmless

Pinched from BiasedBBC...

"This character hasn’t been charged yet – so free speech and speculation on him is still legal …. Obviously when he is charged – which I suspect will be sooner than later – and definitely before the Sunday papers get a grip with this – then comment must be closed down …."
Up the thread a bit you'll find a link to something from the Solicitor General....

No - I really cannot say that calling him guilty is prejudicial **

** I'll leave it to others to fight / argue over his mental state.

As was demonstrated recently when a jury acquitted some envirpmental protestors despite the judge instructing them to convict, it is unwise to do so.

Latest Threads