Tory MP Stabbed

It is time for a national debate on capital punishment. The state has no problem exercising lethal force as a principle, it is therefore just a question of the circumstances.

No point. We can’t introduce it. ECHR applies .

France doesn't have the political capital to weather the storm of protest that would come their way that that sort of footage would cause.
And the memories of '68 to boot.

We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong? I do agree with you. Although I would advocate that a life sentence should mean just that. No parole or remission.

And loudspeakers constantly blasting out the wit and wisdom of Dianne Abbott 24 hours a day

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Memories of 68? The 68ers are all bumping their gums about capitalism still. Its the memories of '62 that are in people's minds.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
There’s no intention to step back from the ECHR.

Yah think that that intention will last one pico-second if, inspired by the person who carried out today's murderous attack or not, another MP gets killed? Particularly in such a showy fashion?

I don't.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
That will never happen. The Banlieues are too far gone for anything but a full-scale military operation to sort things out.

Think Grozny or Fallujah on steroids. And every beggar and their mother will have mobile phones with cameras ready to upload footage of the Flics, the Army, and whoever else got dicked with the job cracking heads.

France doesn't have the political capital to weather the storm of protest that would come their way that that sort of footage would cause.

This was the reality in Fallujah

I0000W0ixRWawTH4.jpg

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

- can't see LeClerc MBT's in St Denis anytime soon....anymore than we put Chieftains into Turf Lodge.

Fedaykin

War Hero
Why is that?
Wishing to avoid a long pointless debate about why it is repugnant and how the UK should not join the USA, Iran, Saudi Arabia and now Afghanistan in using that disgusting form of punishment that does ZERO to actual deter crime all I will say further on this matter is:

Derek Bentley

TamH70

MIA

I0000W0ixRWawTH4.jpg

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

- can't see LeClerc MBT's in St Denis anytime soon....anymore than we put Chieftains into Turf Lodge.

We didn't. The French don't dare, but dearly wish they could.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
The French have got hell of a job on their hands but I've not seen anything after all the years of public atrocities and spectacular terrorist attacks that had made me think they've got clear plan of what they want their society to look like once they've tackled the problem nor how to even start on that path.
Talk to my neighbours, you get a pretty clear view of what they want society to look like. It is admittedly not tremendously PC though!

Wishing to avoid a long pointless debate about why it is repugnant and how the UK should not join the USA, Iran, Saudi Arabia and now Afghanistan in using that disgusting form of punishment that does ZERO to actual deter crime all I will say further on this matter is:

Derek Bentley
Interesting theory. But you can remain on the moral high ground, tell me how the new school methods are deterring criminal behavior.

I0000W0ixRWawTH4.jpg

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

I've a feeling they deployed Centurions in the Bogside.

I have to admit, I have no love for our Gallic cousins, but they do know how to respond to this sort of violence in the right way and they do not fcuk around, in smash some heads together and fcuk public opinion.
I strongly suspect that a very sizeable proportion of public opinion would be firmly in favour of such actions.
It's the screeching minority on social media and the MSM who would be given the publicity though, until the next election shows them up for the clueless twats they are.

Fedaykin

War Hero
Interesting theory. But you can remain on the moral high ground, tell me how the new school methods are deterring criminal behavior.
Get stuffed, that Capital Punishment is repugnant is not a theory. On this matter I am VERY HAPPY to take the moral high ground.

There is no debate here...end of!

Again: Derek Bentley

Latest Threads