Votes: 92 50.8%
  • Raab

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Javid

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • Stewart

Votes: 33 18.2%

• Total voters
I see the mandatory Muslim (originally Tina from Tunbridge Wells) has been wheeled out solely to put extra pressure on Johnson. Well done the BBC.

Hunt married a Chinese!!

A new game of bingo. Gove is an adopted child. Boris' great grandfather was a Muslim. Jeremy Hunt, "I'm married to an immigrant". Javid: "My parents are Muslim immigrants". The best Rory has so far is, "I wasn't a spy, you know'.

Your mate Jezza couldn't even handle a debate against TM.
We shall see. Integrity and consistency will be the keys. Boris hasn't got either.

Listening to all the promises and pledges from the candidates to get things done and to do what is right, it's a great shame that none of them are in government right now....

Oh, wait a minute! :rolleyes::mad:

All trying desperately to ingratiate themselves to the token environmentalist teenager..... and all failing dismally.
Dull as fook. Full of rehearsed answers and cross talking. Reminds me of political debates here in NI. All politeness to begin with then talking over each other and shouting where nobody can hear anything. Here's an idea. I think an adversarial debate as in a courtroom format would be a better platform. With examination in chief and cross examination with eminent QC's.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The best that anyone can say is that bad as Johnson was, the rest of them were pretty awful. I’ve no idea why they were attempting to humanise themselves. The only people with any say in the outcome are MPs and party members (including recent brexiters)

The best that anyone can say is that bad as Johnson was, the rest of them were pretty awful. I’ve no idea why they were attempting to humanise themselves. The only people with any say in the outcome are MPs and party members (including recent brexiters)
I think the winner today was Dominic Raab!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Much as I hate to be fair to Hammond, he does have a point.
Yep. May is rounding off a disastrous term as PM by coming up with meaningless vanity projects as her 'legacy'. For example, she's committed to making the UK carbon neutral by 2050; a date by which she'll probably be dead by and hence won't know or care whether we achieved the goal.

What makes them even more meaningless is that the projects will be quietly dropped when she steps down as PM in a month's time. Which makes Hammond's posturing as meaningless as May's.

Wordsmith

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1134
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 498