Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup, same for me. He's a ****.
You may think that, others on here will differ. Regardless, it appears that Boris Johnson is very likely to be our next Prime minister.

One of the immediate benefits of this is the large number of people whose heads are going to explode on his ascension to the highest office in the land. Spotting the first cuckoo will shortly be succeeded by sighting the first #notmypm hashtag.

Can’t wait.

Millions pissed up the wall and zero to show for it
Thanks to that lovely Mr Khan cancelling it. Regardless of the merits or otherwise of the Garden Bridge, like any other large civils infrastructure project there is one basic truth: if you actually build it you have an asset with centuries of life to reap benefit from. If you cancel it, all the money already spent is written off. So well done Mr Mayor.

Millions pissed up the wall and zero to show for it
Happens all the time but because Bojo was involved you make a special case out of it? I notice you don't mention any of the positives of Boris' tenure just trumpet things that didn't go well.

What about the current Mayor, he's dragged TFL almost to the point of bankrupcy, banned adverts that offend him but few others, enormous rise in knife crime, almost evey promise in his election manifesto broken or ignored, failure to improve social housing or homelessness (actually increasing under his leadership) but has managed to blame everyone or everything except himself.

But he's a Labour politician isn't he and not a Conservative, he's an ethnic not a white male like Bojo.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ok when’s round two?
Time for Hancock to throw the towel in and Stewart who must be taking something to come out with the bollocks that he did about forming another HOC in The Methodist Hall.
How dare he offend 1,000’s of Methodists up and down the country by bringing politics into such a building. But seriously wtf was he on about, another one playing at schoolboy politics and if he feels like that then he’s not going to support anything the new PM puts forward so he’s another one who should go and leave the Tories and join the Liberals because that’s how he’s coming across, a Liberal remainder.

You may think that, others on here will differ. Regardless, it appears that Boris Johnson is very likely to be our next Prime minister.

One of the immediate benefits of this is the large number of people whose heads are going to explode on his ascension to the highest office in the land. Spotting the first cuckoo will shortly be succeeded by sighting the first #notmypm hashtag.

Can’t wait.
My head certainly isn't going to explode, I only join the "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" threads to have a giggle. He'll be a FP disaster, as he was as FS. Glad to see he spoke up about TV debates though.

Thanks to that lovely Mr Khan cancelling it. Regardless of the merits or otherwise of the Garden Bridge, like any other large civils infrastructure project there is one basic truth: if you actually build it you have an asset with centuries of life to reap benefit from. If you cancel it, all the money already spent is written off. So well done Mr Mayor.
Khan probably saved us a fortune. A couple of minor details...

allow for a financial review and because they had not cleared outstanding issues such as securing legal rights to the land on either side of the river, despite signing a contract for construction of the bridge in January 2016.

And

However, the project's financing status deteriorated. During the same period in which the project's cost estimate was revised upward from £60 million to over £200 million (as of April 2017), the Garden Bridge Trust lost two major donors, causing a reduction in private funding pledges to £69 million.

Garden Bridge - Wikipedia

Then their was the water cannons
Told illegal to use
Went ahead anyway
They were in bog order sold later for scrap.

As soon as it became a place where the public, having paid millions for it, weren't welcome, it had to go.

Khan probably saved us a fortune.
This money Khan's "saved" - presumably completely different money to what he has spent on his own PR, including a poster campaign saying "London Mayor cares about the homeless" (money which could have been spent ON the homeless if he did care) or his Beach Party?

Ok when’s round two?
Time for Hancock to throw the towel in and Stewart who must be taking something to come out with the bollocks that he did about forming another HOC in The Methodist Hall.
How dare he offend 1,000’s of Methodists up and down the country by bringing politics into such a building. But seriously wtf was he on about, another one playing at schoolboy politics and if he feels like that then he’s not going to support anything the new PM puts forward so he’s another one who should go and leave the Tories and join the Liberals because that’s how he’s coming across, a Liberal remainder.
Hancock has indeed pulled out of the competition. Stewart has changed his stance on working with Boris but has not yet given up competing with him for the leadership and PM job.

Facts? You could fall in a bucket of them and come up talking bollocks.

Are you telling me he hasn't got a good reputation? He did a sterling job as editor of the Tele and has a good reputation as a historian. Not my cup of tea though as I said. Is he modest with a small ego? No fecking way, doesn't change his achievements.

Are you telling me he wasn't first into Stanley?

Are you telling me that Johnson didn't sit on his arse making stuff up in Brussels?

More balls, bollocks and bullshit from the deflection artiste par excellence.

Dog-brains thou art and dog-brains thou remains.

STFU!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1186
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844