• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When Stanley surrendered, there was only room for one journo on the heli back to comms on the ship.

Hastings pulled the short straw on condition he took the others stories to be TX'd to London. When he was onboard, only his story was sent.

He's despised by many but lauded by his own kind (snide hypocrites). His entire career has been built on breaking his word.
Didn't he leave 10 Para because he lost his SLR and didn't 'fess up immediately?

Can't remember when it started but Geoff Hoon was routinely called TC Hoon or THC.
Almost to his face on Telic 1. It was everywhere in his visit planning; talcs, callsigns, etc. A rather unpleasant AAC media handling officer had the unfortunate job of making sure Hoon wasn't skiffed too much.

Or did I mean 'a rather unfortunate AAC media handling officer had the unpleasant job of making sure Hoon wasn't skiffed too much'?

Nope, right first time...

His conduct in 82 was far less than honourable; Hitler Hastings built his career on that, and is still cordially hated by his peers, I'm led to believe.
And you’d be right. I spent 2 years sitting opposite ‘the other hack at Goose Green’ - Dave Norris of the Daily Mail, who became a good friend and was spectacular and generous company on the lash. What he said about Max couldn’t be repeated here (I believe ladies read these pages, too).

Here’s why the Boris thing puzzles me…

If Arrse were indeed an army site, its members would have the sort of finely-honed senses that can detect one of RMAS’s more dubious outputs. We (should) know the type: duplicitous, arrogant, inconsistent and lazy, unable to contribute much to the productive flow. As an extra layer of safety such types sometimes may cultivate bonhomie, eccentricity and buffoonery.

Any half-decent sergeant can spot one of these a mile off, so can their peers.

That’s Boris. Amusing, but delivering nothing, and you wouldn’t want one on ops.
Being a Remainiac hasn't in any affected your opinion has it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Result of first round due midday and will be announced during the Daily Politics which today has Brillo as presenter, thank goodness!

I just wonder if, following the vote, there is a huge backing for BoJo, if the Tories will do what they did with May and skip right to one candidate thus no need to ask the plebs in the Counties. This would have the benefit of getting a PM in place of Zombie Theresa, give them time to negotiate with the EU before leaving on 31 Oct.

Yesterday's vote on No Deal put the Remainers back a bit, but not in their box yet.

I am expecting Grieve to resign the Whip any day, certainly if BoJo gets in. If he does then I would not be surprised if his constituency start a recall petition.

Happy Daze!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And you’d be right. I spent 2 years sitting opposite ‘the other hack at Goose Green’ - Dave Norris of the Daily Mail, who became a good friend and was spectacular and generous company on the lash. What he said about Max couldn’t be repeated here (I believe ladies read these pages, too).
giphy.gif

You know you want to!

I just wonder if, following the vote, there is a huge backing for BoJo, if the Tories will do what they did with May and skip right to one candidate thus no need to ask the plebs in the Counties. This would have the benefit of getting a PM in place of Zombie Theresa, give them time to negotiate with the EU before leaving on 31 Oct.
Andrea Leadsom ruled that out last night on Peston, where she did rather well against the floppy haired, sneery, pick-a-bloody-speed, permasend twat.

1982 in the mess watching the 6 o'clock news on bbc.
Another ship had been hit with the bomb failing to go off and no deaths.
The presenter then goes to their special reporter who quotes Max Hastings who says the bombs are not going off because they are set for armoured decks and none of the task force has armoured decks.
Stunned silence in the mess for a nano second then Brian F says, 'there will be widows and orphans after that'.
Mick W (RSM) says, 'we'll be losing boats now'.
Sheffield sank next day.
To say that Max Hasting was hated is a massive understatement, he made his career on dead servicemen's lives.

Deep within Arrse is a post you can go look for that I think comfortably predates Brexit, in which I say very much the same thing. So no, probably not.
I don't disagree with your summation btw.
But as I voted out I want out and will take the collateral damage that goes with it.
I cannot think of any politician I would follow in war, but few of the overall decent officers I met when I was in would make good politicians, many would have been insulted if told they would.
I gather that last statement is no longer true.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Just heard, ‘Coming up after 1pm. The leadership campaign, just who will the worlds most duplicitous electorate pick’.

It’s not difficult to get the impression they aren’t expecting a lot.

I don't disagree with your summation btw.
But as I voted out I want out and will take the collateral damage that goes with it.
I'm on the opposing side, but philosophically probably very similar in terms of damage, namely that I think the damage is already largely done, leave or stay. Certainly business confidence and also investment is shot.

I think we're unlikely to see a tangible upside as a result of Brexit through any great British industrial revolution outside the EU. If there's any benefit it will be because the EU's troubles worsen, and we get an upside because we're no longer any part of the bloc. But we had much of that defence anyway by keeping Sterling...

only the Snail and Boss Hogg, both of solid resolve, and infinitely harder to upset than Ghandi, mother Teresa, and nelson Mandela combined.

ugly

LE
I like him but if he was an MP I suspect he would be an independent or from some obscure right wing offshoot of the Greens. He is a thorough remainer in my view but if he isn't he certainly comes across as one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 611
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 405
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843