• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That looks a bit Dianne Abbott old boy...

Of the 72% of the electorate that bothered to vote, 52% voted to Leave and 48% voted to Remain.

That translates to 37% of the electorate voted to Leave and 35% of the electorate voted to Remain.

The opinions and preferences of the 28% of the electorate that couldn't be bothered to vote one way or the other are irrelevant.

To elaborate on my thanks last night. I can't be certain it was the speccy one who said something similar in one of the Brexit threads. The % was much the same, and I replied to that post much as I did here. The comeback then was a smiley. This would suggest to me, that the person concerned knew I knew he was talking a load of bollocks.

The speccy one says he accepts the result of the referendum. However, as well as only putting up stats that show one side of the equation, look at his posts #321 and #326 on this page, and #303 a few pages back, leavers are thick. Of course we are. All 17.4 million of us, b... b... b because we just are! How has the country survived all these years with so many thickos, I don't know. But that's probably because I'm stoopid. Doh.

Voting will take place by secret ballot in the Commons, with a result expected some time after 13.00 BST.

Any of the 10 candidates who fails to secure at least 17 votes will be eliminated from the contest.

Anyone else think that at least 4 will get booted today ?

To elaborate on my thanks last night. I can't be certain it was the speccy one who said something similar in one of the Brexit threads. The % was much the same, and I replied to that post much as I did here. The comeback then was a smiley. This would suggest to me, that the person concerned knew I knew he was talking a load of bollocks.

The speccy one says he accepts the result of the referendum. However, as well as only putting up stats that show one side of the equation, look at his posts #321 and #326 on this page, and #303 a few pages back, leavers are thick. Of course we are. All 17.4 million of us, b... b... b because we just are! How has the country survived all these years with so many thickos, I don't know. But that's probably because I'm stoopid. Doh.
I wasn't arguing, or disagreeing... merely pointing out the mathematics of the vote.

Numbers can be made to say whatever you want them to say, hence the bitter Remainers talking of 'only 37% voted to Leave'. They never mention the lesser 35% that voted to Remain though... no that is always 48%.

Under the newly introduced branch of mathematics, 'Rabid Remainer Logic' of course, 48% trumps 37% so Remain 'won' by quite a margin.

83 MPs may be supporting Boris but 149 MPs are not supporting him. Boris loses big time even if he wins. Any fule can see that. Winning is the new losing. Losing is for winners. Brexit will die this autumn. View attachment 398367
But, even assuming that no more votes transfer to Boris, it is not possible to generate two other contenders who will go into the final two, unless votes are switched from him in subsequent ballots...

Also, if he is elected, politicians being what they are, expect at least a percentage of that 149 to "change their spots" in pursuit of government posts....

Think his worse "crime" was he was given all the journos dispatches about the end of the war and strangely only his got sent :twisted:
Yep; a complete betrayal of trust.

But, even assuming that no more votes transfer to Boris, it is not possible to generate two other contenders who will go into the final two, unless votes are switched from him in subsequent ballots...

Also, if he is elected, politicians being what they are, expect at least a percentage of that 149 to "change their spots" in pursuit of government posts....
Probably. My post wasn't intended to be taken seriously. It was merely providing the Rabid Remainer logic sought by @Portree Kid:

Will someone come along and tell us that all the other candidates combined have greater support than Johnson :D:D

I wasn't arguing, or disagreeing... merely pointing out the mathematics of the vote.

Numbers can be made to say whatever you want them to say, hence the bitter Remainers talking of 'only 37% voted to Leave'. They never mention the lesser 35% that voted to Remain though... no that is always 48%.

Under the newly introduced branch of mathematics, 'Rabid Remainer Logic' of course, 48% trumps 37% so Remain 'won' by quite a margin.

I wasn't taking a dig at you. I deliberately counted the abbott way, to see what the speccy one would come back with. His response only took 6 minutes, and was fairly conclusive, I'm one of the thickos. Silly boy. With my user name he comes up with that? I'm 70 + years ahead of him in arriving at the same conclusion.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

If BoJo looks like eventually winning the contest after the first ballot, look for his pubic support to rise sharply. It's called 'backing the winning horse' - particularly from as yet uncommitted MP's who want a job in a BoJo administration.

Wordsmith

Oooh do tell; as a lefty I've always sneakily admired Hastings's admirable journalism of the Right. A worthy enemy, you might say; plus he did well in 1982.

Are you saying we Commie scum can start howling about him?

Go on.

Go on go on go on go on.

When Stanley surrendered, there was only room for one journo on the heli back to comms on the ship.

Hastings pulled the short straw on condition he took the others stories to be TX'd to London. When he was onboard, only his story was sent.

He's despised by many but lauded by his own kind (snide hypocrites). His entire career has been built on breaking his word.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 704
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 405
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843