• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oooh do tell; as a lefty I've always sneakily admired Hastings's admirable journalism of the Right. A worthy enemy, you might say; plus he did well in 1982.

Are you saying we Commie scum can start howling about him?

Go on.

Go on go on go on go on.
His conduct in 82 was far less than honourable; Hitler Hastings built his career on that, and is still cordially hated by his peers, I'm led to believe.

I can't see how you think otherwise.

His departures from decency are documented.

He is not a good man. He is a bad man.
I disagree. He's done more "good" than "bad", in my book. He's also the best bet to actually deliver Brexit (could that be why you think he's so bad, perhaps?)

Think his worse "crime" was he was given all the journos dispatches about the end of the war and strangely only his got sent :twisted:

I disagree. He's done more "good" than "bad", in my book. He's also the best bet to actually deliver Brexit (could that be why you think he's so bad, perhaps?)
Really? Ask his wife.

Ask Petronella Wyatt.

If he was your cousin or mate from 6th form you'd freeze the dodgy bastard out.

Untrustworthy. Nasty.

How is his skill set as shagger, faux journalist and poor FS setting him up as a combative skilled international treaty negotiator?

Chancer.

His conduct in 82 was far less than honourable; Hitler Hastings built his career on that, and is still cordially hated by his peers, I'm led to believe.
The ones who didn't have any contacts to make use of? There's an arrser who might echo your opinion though.

.... I like to refer to it as a rapi

What's your opinion of Johnson?
Living for many years on the Essex / London border (until Nov 2015) my opinion of Mr Johnson is, as with millions of others, based on his two terms as London's mayor and on the various media reporting and programmes.

I have no objection to him based on what I know of him / my perception of him. As a politician he seems to be no worse than most and perhaps better than some of his immediate peer group... he is not the 'bumbling buffoon' that he may have chosen to present himself as by any means but he is not and probably never will be a great statesman either.

He is (along with his fellow contenders in this particular leadership contest) perhaps a disposable placeholder though. Once Brexit has been finally put to bed one way or another he could be replaced with one of the more 'safe pair of hands' senior Tories to take the party through the next GE.

In a contest between Johnson, May, Cameron et al, I'd pick Johnson.

Last edited:
Interestingly, later analysis showed the leave vote heavily skewed towards the less well educated.
Tell me how they came to that conclusion? Did those conducting the analysis have access to the names of everybody that voted and how they voted, then checked back through their educational history to come up with that answer? I don't think so. Who was it that conducted the analysis and did they have an agenda to present unreliable data in that fashion?

Very good ! I apologise for not being swept up in the homo-erotic love & sympathy fest for the blond Old Etonian ( obviously I never dreamed of fagging for him like so many of his acolytes here) maybe I should re-invent myself as something "damp" . Integrity is such an outdated thing
You really are a sad f*cker aren't you? Nothing wrong with disliking Boris, or anyone else in the leadership contest, but the amount of negativity is depressingly momentum like, then to rubbish those with an opposing view confirms it.

Off to my Ignore list you go (you're probably already there under another username anyway).

Last edited:
Seriously?

Round figures:

52% of those who voted, voted leave.

Not everyone voted.

Of those eligible to vote 37% voted leave.

Interestingly, later analysis showed the leave vote heavily skewed towards the less well educated.
There you go again with your 37% nonsense.

In terms of your last paragraph. Can you evidence this? What exactly were the parameters for the analysis?

Who decided who was uneducated, was it based on educational qualifications? What questions were asked of those taking part to establish their intellect or otherwise, were there tests?

Where would I stand on this intelligence based analasys?

51 yrs old, 1 o level & a bunch of cse’s, the only other exams/ qualifications I have are internal, but I’ve reached management level, manage large budgets, lots of people, have qualified to command football matches, public events & riots, not an academic qualification worth the paper it’s written on,

On paper Educationally I am at the lower end of the scale, but the risk/responsibilities I carry & the decisions I have to make day to day would make your eyes water.

The analysis you refer to if it exists at all is utter tripe.

Remaniacs have lost the argument times many & are fast running out of options.

There you go again with your 37% nonsense.

In terms of your last paragraph. Can you evidence this? What exactly were the parameters for the analysis?

Who decided who was uneducated, was it based on educational qualifications? What questions were asked of those taking part to establish their intellect or otherwise, were there tests?
I am beginning to think that Carlsberg Special Brew and the Crusty_ Crustacean attended the same skool, although they might be identical twins.

Both seem very fixated on the number 37.

Special Brew on 37% and The Crusty one on 37k :D:D

Last edited:
Tell me how they came to that conclusion? Did those conducting the analysis have access to the names of everybody that voted and how they voted, then checked back through their educational history to come up with that answer? I don't think so. Who was it that conducted the analysis and did they have an agenda to present unreliable data in that fashion?
I've wondered that. It might just be that Remainers, who are oh so well educated, make the assumption that anyone who disagrees must be less well educated. I think the 'analysts' in this case would naturally be 'well educated' (or graduates, which in my book is not the same thing) hence the slur opinion. Repeat it enough and it becomes fact.

FWIW, in my immediate family, even including my fairly recently departed father, those with university degrees (and their offspring) were hard-core Remainers whereas those of us without degrees were for leaving. I'm biased, but I reckon that leavers had better reasons than the Remainers. My old mum would have crawled over broken glass to cast her vote. I had no vote, being an emigrant, but have taken a keen interest.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think that Carlsberg Special Brew and the Crusty_ Crustacean attended the same skool, although they might be identical twins.

Both seem very fixated on the number 37. 37% and 37k :D:D
The do seem fixated. Is it because EUtopia is becoming a fantasy?:boogie::boogie:

Meedja studies and underwater basket weaving degrees may count towards a person being educated, but in the greater scheme of things they hardly matter when the holders are slinging chips at McFilthy's.

...Or sitting around waiting for their next giro.

The former foreign secretary so far has the support of 83 MPs,
Jeremy Hunt, who is on 34.
Michael Gove with 32 MPs
Dominic Raab (22),
Sajid Javid (19),
Matt Hancock (16),
Mark Harper (eight),
Rory Stewart (seven),
Esther McVey (six)
Andrea Leadsom (five).
Boris Johnson top choice among Tory MPs ahead of first ballot - Sky News analysis

That seems pretty emphatic. Will we get remainer logic Will someone come along and tell us that all the other candidates combined have greater support than Johnson :D:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 703
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 405
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843