• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But the members are 120,000 at most and they're basically my Aunt Nin and some bloke who used to run a Jag dealership but wears Tena for Men nowadays.

Johnson is a bad man. He should not be Prime Minister.
I'm sure the press will be full of similar sentiments over the next month. It won't affect the fact that he will be PM though.

I'm sure the press will be full of similar sentiments over the next month. It won't affect the fact that he will be PM though.
We need a bad man, a very bad man to get us out of this mess, as opposed to evil, deranged, stupid, or corrupt which seems to apply to them all though Boris, unlike Gove and Hunt, has only two of those adjectives that could be applied to him, IMO.

I think we've been through this... or do we need another Brexit thread?

Incidentally I'm still waiting for an argument-even an incoherent one- for leaving other than "uuur.... umm... bloody Europe... errrr.... muslims... straight bananas.... bloody Germans...errr...sovereignty"

How about it will make our politicians totally accountable to the electorate -- no more Gallic-like shrugs when asked about who is responsible.

Is Rory Stewart a sort of Vince Cable MK2? When Cable came to prominence in the public view, at the chaotic time of the financial crash, he seemed alone in speaking common sense that attracted many people of all political views. But time, position and coalition exposed feet of clay and, some would say, what is left is a strange, rather sad, perhaps deluded, old man who has little political capital left outside the LibDems.

When Stewart came to public notice, prior to and around the time he first stood for Parliament, he too seemed to speak refreshing common sense at a time when this was a rare attribute and projected as different to the standard politician of this time. And as a constituency MP he gained a good reputation. But the early promise seems to be following a similar trajectory to Cable's. A good mind falling into the error of believing his own publicity.
I would admire Stewart as an MP were he either Lib Dem or Labour.
He is not & never has been a Tory (though he has been a Labour Party member) & IMO chose the Conservatives as the best route to becoming an MP, rather than through any belief in conservatism.
Therefore he's every bit as much the duplicitous chancer as many other MPs.

Nothing new here, we've all known this for donkeys years aye?

1560373604909.png

How about it will make our politicians totally accountable to the electorate -- no more Gallic-like shrugs when asked about who is responsible.
You've not read my posts.

I agree.

Brexit is utterly stupid, a disastrous idea for us, for Europe and for Western ideals; denying the vote is more dangerous.

We're going to come to our senses eventually but blocking democracy is a step too far.

The political people need to learn from this but they're not doing so.

Having TC Johnson as PM and a slomo Bojo disaster will I hope give us a new and better political set.

That's so rich coming from him, of all people. Hubris meet irony.

I wonder what his colleagues in the Corporate press pool thought of him? Duplicitous shit, being the most printable?

Oooh do tell; as a lefty I've always sneakily admired Hastings's admirable journalism of the Right. A worthy enemy, you might say; plus he did well in 1982.

Are you saying we Commie scum can start howling about him?

Go on.

Go on go on go on go on.

That's so rich coming from him, of all people. Hubris meet irony.

I wonder what his colleagues in the Corporate press pool thought of him? Duplicitous shit, being the most printable?
He's not quite my cup of tea but has a good reputation generally. In comparison with Johnson, being the first into Stanley, hand in the air beats the shit of sitting on your arse in Brussels making shit up.

Far more ruthless & nasty eh?

Sounds like just the man to face off against the EU.
On personal backstabbing level. Probably why so many on here are smitten.

What's your opinion of Johnson?
As I've said before, potential to be either just what we need or a complete clusterfeck. But given the options both best of a bad bunch and realistically not something we have a choice in as numerically he will be the next PM so I don't think investing great energy in dwelling on his well known faults will help the country deliver brexit and make a success of it.

Boohoo @Themanwho is the Tena reference too near the, er, knuckle?
No, I just disagree with you about Bojo being a "bad man" . Hence pressing the "disagree" button, not the pissy knickers button.

As I've said before, potential to be either just what we need or a complete clusterfeck. But given the options both best of a bad bunch and realistically not something we have a choice in as numerically he will be the next PM so I don't think investing great energy in dwelling on his well known faults will help the country deliver brexit and make a success of it.

To be fair, delivery of Brexit may well be something TC Johnson can achieve.

Making a success of it....

...Not really.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1150
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844