• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are not really keeping up are you...

Boris Johnson has said he is "not aiming for a no-deal outcome" for Brexit at the launch of his campaign for the Tory leadership.

But he said the threat of no deal was a "vital" negotiation tool and the UK "must do better" than the current deal.
You didn't actually read my post did you?

Why do leavers complain about being called thick....

You didn't actually read my post did you?

Why do leavers complain about being called thick....
I did read your post... the post that suggests you are not keeping up with events.

Why do Leavers complain about being called thick? If you mean me, I really don't care what Leavers (or Remainers come to that) are called. Perhaps you should read the bit in red text at the bottom of this post.

I understand.

That doesn't mean that it's a good idea. 37% of people eligible to vote voted for it; ok off we go, keeping the idiots happy.
Still waiting for a coherent argument for staying.

In terms of the vote, you can flower it up how you want, basic facts is remain lost, get over it, even at 37%, more voted to leave than voted to stay. Those that didn’t, plainly are not bothered either way.

Still waiting for a coherent argument for staying.

In terms of the vote, you can flower it up how you want, basic facts is remain lost, get over it, even at 37%, more voted to leave than voted to stay. Those that didn’t, plainly are not bothered either way.
I think we've been through this... or do we need another Brexit thread?

Incidentally I'm still waiting for an argument-even an incoherent one- for leaving other than "uuur.... umm... bloody Europe... errrr.... muslims... straight bananas.... bloody Germans...errr...sovereignty"

That doesn't mean that it's a good idea. 37% of people eligible to vote voted for it; ok off we go, keeping the idiots happy.
According to my maths 37% from 100% of people eligible to vote, is 63%. Yet according to the result just under 52% voted to leave. Either your conclusion is at fault, or the remainers have not noticed this, to me, glaring wrong conclusion of the 2016 referendum! No wonder there're unhappy.

According to my maths 37% from 100% of people eligible to vote, is 63%. Yet according to the result just under 52% voted to leave. Either your conclusion is at fault, or the remainers have not noticed this, to me, glaring wrong conclusion of the 2016 referendum! No wonder there're unhappy.
Seriously?

Round figures:

52% of those who voted, voted leave.

Not everyone voted.

Of those eligible to vote 37% voted leave.

Interestingly, later analysis showed the leave vote heavily skewed towards the less well educated.

The tone of her voice and her question statement of opinion does support either of those scenarios. More likely that she is a rabid remainer who places her 'faith' above journalistic integrity.
The problem the press have is they have done Boris's indiscretions and gaffes to destruction so now he seems nailed on for No 10 they've got nothing left in the tank other than rehashing the same stuff. Now Starmers coup has failed they don't have much to look forward to so I expect a lot of ineffectual rehashing of letterboxes and watermelon smiles which will have precisely cock all effect on the outcome of both the leadership or genuine brexit.

I did read your post... the post that suggests you are not keeping up with events.

Why do Leavers complain about being called thick? If you mean me, I really don't care what Leavers (or Remainers come to that) are called. Perhaps you should read the bit in red text at the bottom of this post.
I can't see any bits in red, sorry mate - I was getting stroppy 'cos I clearly said TC Johnson is "flirting" with no deal.

...bits in red???

That looks a bit Dianne Abbott old boy...

Of the 72% of the electorate that bothered to vote, 52% voted to Leave and 48% voted to Remain.

That translates to 37% of the electorate voted to Leave and 35% of the electorate voted to Remain.

The opinions and preferences of the 28% of the electorate that couldn't be bothered to vote one way or the other are irrelevant.

The problem the press have is they have done Boris's indiscretions and gaffes to destruction so now he seems nailed on for No 10 they've got nothing left in the tank other than rehashing the same stuff. Now Starmers coup has failed they don't have much to look forward to so I expect a lot of ineffectual rehashing of letterboxes and watermelon smiles which will have precisely cock all effect on the outcome of both the leadership or genuine brexit.

I fervently hope you are mistaken.

The man is a wrong'un.

I can't see any bits in red, sorry mate - I was getting stroppy 'cos I clearly said TC Johnson is "flirting" with no deal.

...bits in red???
Seems to me that Boris favours Brexit with a deal (not May's deal) but recognises that a very real possibility of no deal is a valid negotiating tool.

Red bits = sig block (in need of a slight edit now that May's deal is off the table).

Of the 72% of the electorate that bothered to vote, 52% voted to Leave and 48% voted to Remain.

That translates to 37% of the electorate voted to Leave and 35% of the electorate voted to Remain.

The opinions and preferences of the 28% of the electorate that couldn't be bothered to vote one way or the other are irrelevant.

I have reliable information that one non-voter wasn't someone who "couldn't be bothered to vote" but chose not to because he was in a very nice hotel room with a very nice young lady who felt that his presence was needed at intervals which precluded a shower and getting dressed and going to the polling station.

It may not have affected the overall outcome but some blame attaches to him.

However I've seen her, she was in a tight dress, and I can't really fault him.

I fervently hope you are mistaken.

The man is a wrong'un.
I have my concerns about Boris but of those who can make the cut he's the best of a bad bunch. Numbers wise declarations are running at 80% ish of the pcp and he's way out in front so the chances of him not making the 2 are next to nonexistant. And he will win the membership vote by a country mile.

I think we've been through this... or do we need another Brexit thread?

Incidentally I'm still waiting for an argument-even an incoherent one- for leaving other than "uuur.... umm... bloody Europe... errrr.... muslims... straight bananas.... bloody Germans...errr...sovereignty"
You’re quite right we have, remainers endlessly trying to argue they didn’t lose a democratic vote..

No coherent argument for leaving. Try looking a bit harder......

Seems to me that Boris favours Brexit with a deal (not May's deal) but recognises that a very real possibility of no deal is a valid negotiating tool.

Red bits = sig block (in need of a slight edit now that May's deal is off the table).

I don't think it's safe to trust TC Johnson.

He's playing a game. The EU will not be fooled by the ostentatious No Deal red button if he is saying to the plebs "no deal! Woo!" and simultaneously to business "deal. Obviously".

Charlatan and bluffer.

I have reliable information that one non-voter wasn't someone who "couldn't be bothered to vote" but chose not to because he was in a very nice hotel room with a very nice young lady who felt that his presence was needed at intervals which precluded a shower and getting dressed and going to the polling station.

It may not have affected the overall outcome but some blame attaches to him.

However I've seen her, she was in a tight dress, and I can't really fault him.
No excuse. Such a swordsman should have organised himself a postal vote.

I have my concerns about Boris but of those who can make the cut he's the best of a bad bunch. Numbers wise declarations are running at 80% ish of the pcp and he's way out in front so the chances of him not making the 2 are next to nonexistant. And he will win the membership vote by a country mile.

But the members are 120,000 at most and they're basically my Aunt Nin and some bloke who used to run a Jag dealership but wears Tena for Men nowadays.

Johnson is a bad man. He should not be Prime Minister.

Thanks .;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1136
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844