• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good point, The same should apply to them in spades . Tory c*nt,Labour c*nt,Brexit c*nt Ukip c*nt,etc . Does that mean that this floppy blonde prick is excused shaming as someone hasn't got to the Labour Jew-Hater from Achiltibuie yet ?
Not at all, but the media and a few on here only see Boris and not his contempories* in the lying, shagging, gaff prone network that is the HOC.

It would be nice to have a bit of balance on occasion, a bit like the JC & TM threads on which they both, deservedly, get a roasting (nothing to do with spit mind you :) ). It seems at times the second Boris' name is mentioned all the bile and vitriol starts as I'm sure it would if he suddenly came up with a cure for cancer.

* Apart from the occasional special case that is.

Pick a constituency and an anti-semite . My point was that Boris does not get a bye on called out as being a pathetic liar just because no one-has got round to calling out the other liars.
And that, exactly that, is what grips my spheroids. Focus on your* pet hate at the expense of all the others you want to convieniently ignore for whatever reason.

* Not saying he's your pet hate, just saying

Not at all, but the media and a few on here only see Boris and not his contempories* in the lying, shagging, gaff prone network that is the HOC.

It would be nice to have a bit of balance on occasion, a bit like the JC & TM threads on which they both, deservedly, get a roasting (nothing to do with spit mind you :) ). It seems at times the second Boris' name is mentioned all the bile and vitriol starts as I'm sure it would if he suddenly came up with a cure for cancer.

* Apart from the occasional special case that is.
We need Oliver Cromwell back and this time "No more Mr Nice Guy"

And that, exactly that, is what grips my spheroids. Focus on your* pet hate at the expense of all the others you want to convieniently ignore for whatever reason.

* Not saying he's your pet hate, just saying
He's is not actually my pet hate just one of the current individuals I would not piss on if they were on fire .You need to start somewhere

ugly

LE
He's is not actually my pet hate just one of the current individuals I would not piss on if they were on fire .You need to start somewhere
The problem is he may be the only person to deliver Brexit, I cant quite figure McVey out, maybe she is what we need but now? Boris is needed now, deliver Brexit and I'd hold my nose and voting paper at arms length to get him in, as it happens I dont have a vote in this one which is why I haven't voted in the poll. Mc Vey maybe just the right next but one PM perhaps.
If the Tories dont deliver Brexit then they are gone.

Not that it is of any real consequence, but does the poll at the OP work in any way? Single votes... multiple votes (not preferential)... whatever you like. Does that make any statistical or mathematical sense?

Is Rory Stewart a sort of Vince Cable MK2? When Cable came to prominence in the public view, at the chaotic time of the financial crash, he seemed alone in speaking common sense that attracted many people of all political views. But time, position and coalition exposed feet of clay and, some would say, what is left is a strange, rather sad, perhaps deluded, old man who has little political capital left outside the LibDems.

When Stewart came to public notice, prior to and around the time he first stood for Parliament, he too seemed to speak refreshing common sense at a time when this was a rare attribute and projected as different to the standard politician of this time. And as a constituency MP he gained a good reputation. But the early promise seems to be following a similar trajectory to Cable's. A good mind falling into the error of believing his own publicity.

Is it me or are the percentages in the voting results for the pool on this thread a bit weird?
Boris is currently on 83%, Hunt on 50% so thats at least 133% of the vote for those 2.......Is Diane Abbott doing the counting?

Edited to Add - figured it - you can vote for more then one and the system calculates against total voters as opposed to total votes. Hence its a percentage of how many voters have voted for the candidate as opposed to the percentage of the total votes that the candidate received.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pick a constituency and an anti-semite . My point was that Boris does not get a bye on called out as being a pathetic liar just because no one-has got round to calling out the other liars.
In that case, don't you feel like calling out those that have not received the good news from you yet? There seems to be a gap for that.

I used to listen to nothing but my own music or Radio 4 in the car. I haven't listened to the latter for over 2 years now, and I scarcely watch TV news either. Its biases, whether it be Brexit, environmentalism, or politics in general, are nothing short of scandalous for a state-sponsored broadcaster for whom there is a compulsory fee.
Only compulsory if you watch live broadcasts.

Not that it is of any real consequence, but does the poll at the OP work in any way? Single votes... multiple votes (not preferential)... whatever you like. Does that make any statistical or mathematical sense?
Is it me or are the percentages in the voting results for the pool on this thread a bit weird?
Boris is currently on 83%, Hunt on 50% so thats at least 133% of the vote for those 2.......Is Diane Abbott doing the counting?

Edited to Add - figured it - you can vote for more then one and the system calculates against total voters as opposed to total votes. Hence its a percentage of how many voters have voted for the candidate as opposed to the percentage of the total votes that the candidate received.
It's not a vote on who is going to win (or who you want to win). @Auld-Yin has done it very well by making a who will go through to the next round which could, actually, be 9 of the contenders.
Multiple votes on this occasion do make sense.

If you were inclined to you'd have to modify your username which is a bit of a drag (unless you're Baglock). 'Twisted Fire Extinguisher' perhaps?

Because they fail to do it to the multitude of lying, cheating, obfuscating, racist, anti semitic, inefective oxygen thieves on the opposition benches.

Does that answer your question?
Also, like Trump voters, like Farage voters, like The Brexit Party voters - nobody cares...

The problem is he may be the only person to deliver Brexit, I cant quite figure McVey out, maybe she is what we need but now? Boris is needed now, deliver Brexit and I'd hold my nose and voting paper at arms length to get him in, as it happens I dont have a vote in this one which is why I haven't voted in the poll. Mc Vey maybe just the right next but one PM perhaps.
If the Tories dont deliver Brexit then they are gone.
And that my friends is it...

Is Rory Stewart a sort of Vince Cable MK2? When Cable came to prominence in the public view, at the chaotic time of the financial crash, he seemed alone in speaking common sense that attracted many people of all political views. But time, position and coalition exposed feet of clay and, some would say, what is left is a strange, rather sad, perhaps deluded, old man who has little political capital left outside the LibDems.

When Stewart came to public notice, prior to and around the time he first stood for Parliament, he too seemed to speak refreshing common sense at a time when this was a rare attribute and projected as different to the standard politician of this time. And as a constituency MP he gained a good reputation. But the early promise seems to be following a similar trajectory to Cable's. A good mind falling into the error of believing his own publicity.
His launch got a very good review in the Telegraph this morning, and I know a couple of military folk (inc a 2*) who have worked for him and rate him very highly. That said, if being 'a good bloke' was the criterion I could do it. Whatever his merits, and I agree he is a well travelled and experienced man, he doesn't strike me as PM material; and I am inclined to look favourably on his case, the majority of the population are not.

ugly

LE
His launch got a very good review in the Telegraph this morning, and I know a couple of military folk (inc a 2*) who have worked for him and rate him very highly. That said, if being 'a good bloke' was the criterion I could do it. Whatever his merits, and I agree he is a well travelled and experienced man, he doesn't strike me as PM material; and I am inclined to look favourably on his case, the majority of the population are not.
I'd agree, he comes across as a hardworking local MP with real life experience albeit not a life in business (as opposed to being PR scum as most are) just lacking in everything starting with experience in large Govt departments.

But then that party leader has to be put before the electorate. What may appeal to the faithful. may not appeal to the public. Jeremy Corbyn is a fair example, plus also IDS & William Hague for the Tories
But still no different any other party leader selection event. The parliamentary party effectively chooses its leader and the wider party rubber stamps that choice. Such matters are not to be trusted with the electorate at large. Good heavens no.

In making its choice of the final two candidates, the parliamentary party will have a mind for survival... they will either narrow the choice down to get through the immediate party crisis (Brexit) or they will base their selection of the final two on the longer term prospect (Brexit and general election).

One has to suspect that the eventual winner will be dumped for after the dirty work has been done, thus making way for a 'steady pair of hands' to steer the party through the next GE.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1134
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844