Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I would say that Esther is pissing in the wind if she believes that she has the ghost of a chance... and that is in a very unremarkable field.
And that is Britain's biggest problem at the moment. I don't think we are getting the right calibre of people coming through wanting to become MPs and from that move on to high office.

When parties get round to leadership contests very little is to do with actual leadership, add to that poor quality candidates and any contest becomes irrelevant almost.

This applies to all major Parties, well I suppose all Parties. The people suffering from this are not the professional politicians but the public as a whole.

How about reforming the HofC into something loosely similar to the HofL. The Lords have people there by dint of their job, senior judges and churchmen. The HofC could reduce their MPs to say 450 then allow businessmen, trades union people even members of the public put themselves forward for a job as MP. They would serve for the period of the parliament but can be reappointed no more than twice. They could be recruited by a normal job application and once appointed be eligible for the same TACOS and expenses as MPs. This would bring a body of people who will bring a different pov to the Chamber - full voting rights etc.

Just a thought which will never get off the ground as MPs would not vote for it plus suitable candidates wouldn't want to lower their standards. :p

His idiocies and transgressions seem soon to be forgotten (eg: he backed PMTM's withdrawal agreement - even though it would have put us in a worse position than remaining in the EU).
To be fair, he voted for PMTM's deal only on the third vote and against on the first and second votes. He also voted for no deal and against a confirmatory referendum. This is the same voting record as for Dominic Raab and Esther McVey. None of those standing for leader voted against PMTM's deal on all three occasions.

And that is Britain's biggest problem at the moment. I don't think we are getting the right calibre of people coming through wanting to become MPs and from that move on to high office.

When parties get round to leadership contests very little is to do with actual leadership, add to that poor quality candidates and any contest becomes irrelevant almost.

This applies to all major Parties, well I suppose all Parties. The people suffering from this are not the professional politicians but the public as a whole.

How about reforming the HofC into something loosely similar to the HofL. The Lords have people there by dint of their job, senior judges and churchmen. The HofC could reduce their MPs to say 450 then allow businessmen, trades union people even members of the public put themselves forward for a job as MP. They would serve for the period of the parliament but can be reappointed no more than twice. They could be recruited by a normal job application and once appointed be eligible for the same TACOS and expenses as MPs. This would bring a body of people who will bring a different pov to the Chamber - full voting rights etc.

Just a thought which will never get off the ground as MPs would not vote for it plus suitable candidates wouldn't want to lower their standards. :p
As Churchill is very of the moment ( so many people saying Boris isn’t Winston) an apposite quote from the great man:

“Democracy is the worst form of government, apart from all the others”.

Particularly our form of parliamentary democracy I would say. It’s done well by this nation for a long time, and any sensible British subject should hesitate before trying to change its mechanisms, reconsider and then decide to leave well alone. It’s not perfect, but I have no doubt it is better than whatever those who wish to change it come up with.

To be fair, he voted for PMTM's deal only on the third vote and against on the first and second votes. He also voted for no deal and against a confirmatory referendum. This is the same voting record as for Dominic Raab and Esther McVey. None of those standing for leader voted against PMTM's deal on all three occasions.
Yes, but he’s BORIS, d’you see? Therefore he’s uniquely awful because of er, reasons.

But Boris is an easy target, particularly for the Left and Remoaners. It doesn't matter if someone else does/says/agrees with Boris, that Boris said/did it or might have even thought it makes him out to be a bad 'un.

Well do what a lot of us do, ignore the BBC . I give them very little credence.
I used to listen to nothing but my own music or Radio 4 in the car. I haven't listened to the latter for over 2 years now, and I scarcely watch TV news either. Its biases, whether it be Brexit, environmentalism, or politics in general, are nothing short of scandalous for a state-sponsored broadcaster for whom there is a compulsory fee.

How does EP's worship at the feet of Corbyn affect Boris being called out for being a lying POS cockwomble ? Boris is either a lying POS or he's not .Is the film fake ?
Because they fail to do it to the multitude of lying, cheating, obfuscating, racist, anti semitic, inefective oxygen thieves on the opposition benches.

Does that answer your question?

Because they fail to do it to the multitude of lying, cheating, obfuscating, racist, anti semitic, inefective oxygen thieves on the opposition benches.

Does that answer your question?
Good point, The same should apply to them in spades . Tory c*nt,Labour c*nt,Brexit c*nt Ukip c*nt,etc . Does that mean that this floppy blonde prick is excused shaming as someone hasn't got to the Labour Jew-Hater from Achiltibuie yet ?

Last edited:
Good point, The same should apply to them in spades . Tory c*nt,Labour c*nt,Brexit c*nt Ukip c*nt,etc . Does that mean that this floppy blonde prick is excused shaming as someone hasn't got to the Labour Jew-Hater from Achiltibuie yet ?

I didn't know the leader of the labour party hailed from up the road from the Summer Isles?

Pick a constituency and an anti-semite . My point was that Boris does not get a bye on called out as being a pathetic liar just because no one-has got round to calling out the other liars.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 1186
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844