• McVey

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Raab

Votes: 72 46.8%
  • Stewart

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keunsberg & Rigby doing their failed journalist acts - telling Boris they won't vote for him in their own bonkers language, in the hope that no-one else will.

Meanwhile Boris sails happily on.
Funny you should say that, Kuenssberg just appeared on my Twitter feed...

Well I’m not shy to admit that I fall into a few of those brackets,
Bored, well it pissing down and I’m not going out in this, and insane as I’m on here.
Come on Raab you have some ground to make up.:bounce:
I'm probably in the insane viewer bit, but only as one will fcuk up and Sky news will love showing it 24/7

Keunsberg & Rigby doing their failed journalist acts - telling Boris they won't vote for him in their own bonkers language, in the hope that no-one else will.

Meanwhile Boris sails happily on.
As the prospect of Boris becoming PM increases, the thin veil of impartiality appears to slip from various journalists. Beth got booed for her apparent attack job. Not her normal reporting. It seemed personal judging by her tone.

As the prospect of Boris becoming PM increases, the thin veil of impartiality appears to slip from various journalists. Beth got booed for her apparent attack job. Not her normal reporting. It seemed personal judging by her tone.
It appeared to me a remarkably spiteful line of questioning by Beth Rigby.

I'm not sure you are worth debating with.
You don't debate you just state your own opinion and that it's the only one that counts and seeing as how I'm not of the same opinion and won't bow down to your mighty wisdom you jump in with the insults.

Debaters have generally already made their minds up, if they have one, and just try to influence others and that's you to a tee.

Funny you should say that, Kuenssberg just appeared on my Twitter feed...
Kuenssberg needs stuffing with a ragman's trumpet. If the BBC wasn't so biased she would have been f***ed off years ago. The fact that she so transparently is, and so consistently wrong, renders her views irrelevant IMO.

Agree with the bit in bold but the second bit? Really?
What I mean is that he is no diplomat and is given to ill-considered mouthing off. I believe that one of the reasons that he is late out of the leadership race starting blocks is that his advisers know full well that the shorter time he spends in the limelight, the less opportunity he has for coming under scrutiny or for opening his trap and buggering things up.

His idiocies and transgressions seem soon to be forgotten (eg: he backed PMTM's withdrawal agreement - even though it would have put us in a worse position than remaining in the EU).

Although quick to run off at the mouth, he is generally slow in revealing his hand. I believe that this is a combination of damage control (see my first paragraph) and because he likes plenty of time to consider how the land lies and what would be best for Boris. A prime example of this is his very late commitment to Brexit prior to the 2016 referendum.

(I'm conscious that the above is somewhat over-laden with metaphor - mixed and otherwise, but I cannot really be bothered editing it.)

Will he, though? He's as full of shit as the rest of them. He's just a lot more noisy about it.
Come off it Churchill was full of bluster, this passed for oratory. If you look at him in truth he had little going for him, with one exception that he knew he had to win, at all costs. The real question for him was whether to do a deal with Hitler. That was the other side of the equation. Churchill solved the war, but he had none for the peace and that has now come home to roost. Question, do you think that Barnier is more trustworthy than Hitler in context of the relevant times. Ignore the biases and look at it logically. The deal in both cases would have bought time. But ultimately the source of the conflict remains. In Brown we have the appeaser. It’s that old issue the balance of power. I believe Bojo understands this.

You don't debate you just state your own opinion and that it's the only one that counts and seeing as how I'm not of the same opinion and won't bow down to your mighty wisdom you jump in with the insults.

Debaters have generally already made their minds up, if they have one, and just try to influence others and that's you to a tee.
So am I a debater or not? You've left me unclear...

That is true of course, regardless of the candidate, regardless off the candidates campaigning style and by and large, regardless of the electorate's opinion. Why should it be any different this time? The selection of a party leader has always been an internal party matter.
But then that party leader has to be put before the electorate. What may appeal to the faithful. may not appeal to the public. Jeremy Corbyn is a fair example, plus also IDS & William Hague for the Tories

1. What I mean is that he is he is no diplomat and is given to ill-considered mouthing off. I believe that one of the reasons that he is late out of the leadership race starting blocks is that his advisers know full well that the shorter time he spends in the limelight, the less opportunity he has for coming under scrutiny or for opening his trap and buggering things up.

2. His idiocies and transgressions seem soon to be forgotten (eg: he backed PMTM's withdrawal agreement - even though it would have put us in a worse position than remaining in the EU).

3. Although quick to run off at the mouth, he is generally slow in revealing his hand. I believe that this is a combination of damage control (see my first paragraph) and because he likes plenty of time to consider how the land lies and what would be best for Boris. A prime example of this is his very late commitment to Brexit prior to the 2016 referendum.

(I'm conscious that the above is somewhat over-laden with metaphor - mixed and otherwise, but I cannot really be bothered editing it.)
1. I can agree with that. I do like an MP who isn't always afraid to speak without thinking, it's a reassuring trait as long as you don't kick the arrse out of it, not the behaviour of a Foreign Secretary perhaps :)

I think you're spot on with the reason his leadership launch was a late one, but I think his support team will also have learned a lot from Goves antics the last time round. The thing about this Leadership race though is the contenders have no need to preach to the general public on how they will cure cancer, squash poverty and re-instate free tv licences for the elderly, all they have to do is as privately as possible convince other tory MPs to back them then do the same with the membership. Boris will, if elected, face much more aggressive questioning in the run up to a GE than any of the others would should they win, Boris is a target for Journalists.

2. Again I can sort of agree but I'd question why, after being against Mays cunning plan he then backed it. Behind the scenes promises from May & Robins perhaps?

3. I don't necessarily agree with you here. I do agree he may have considered how he could benefit from matters before jumping on board but I see nothing wrong with that, why jump in and damage your prospects or reputation unnecessarily?

Kuenssberg needs stuffing with a ragman's trumpet. If the BBC wasn't so biased she would have been f***ed off years ago. The fact that she so transparently is, and so consistently wrong, renders her views irrelevant IMO.
Well do what a lot of us do, ignore the BBC . I give them very little credence.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately I pulled the pin a little early on leaving the Conservative Party, to pay my £25 as a 'supporter' of the dark side.

However, if I did still have the vote, It'd be for Mcvey. She wants out (well, she says she does and has voted that way every time) she's not interested in sorting out a second referendum and she will work with Farage.

I'd love to see her get the job, call a GE, get re-elected and with a whole new bunch of Brexit Party MP's form a coalition and stop all this fecking about.
McVey
.Esther McVey told LBC that foreign aid has been mis-spent, including on an airport where the runway was built in the wrong direction facing the wind.

Iain Dale: "Where has that happened?"

McVey: "It's in... one of the continents... abroad."

@iaindale | #ForeignAid

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It appeared to me a remarkably spiteful line of questioning by Beth Rigby.
Spiteful. He got six questions slung at him before running away. Was anything asked by Rigby particularly out of line ?

Anything that would upset a known liar, philanderer and cheat?

Esther McVey told LBC that foreign aid has been mis-spent, including on an airport where the runway was built in the wrong direction facing the wind.
I would say that Esther is pissing in the wind if she believes that she has the ghost of a chance... and that is in a very unremarkable field.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 168
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 356
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 833