• Javid

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 107 97.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ugly

LE
Oh dear I decided to watch the six o clock on BBC, racial stereotyping of conservative party members!

no f in beer

Old-Salt
Johnson and Hunt it is, Gove shafted at the last - all hail PMBJ

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s convenient that it’s a secret vote.
No one can be held to account for hypocrisy and tactical shenanigans.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
Listening to the Conservative party members on the Beeb, they all tried really hard to suggest it was going to be a close run thing, but you could tell they were not convincing

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I really hope that the members do the right thing and DO NOT vote in another remainer. Will they?
Surely not it has to be Johnson and he somehow has to get a decent deal in order to succeed where May failed.
Oh dear look at me counting my chickens.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bloody close between Gove and Hunt with just two votes in it and one spoiled paper this time round.

Still, unless they re-run as people did not know etc etc then the ballot paper is Johnson/Hunt.

I have to say I am so glad that Gove got the punt. Just goes to show that he, the slimiest of people who I would not trust with his own money, has so many supporters who I now take to be as slimy and untrustworthy as he is, seeing someone in their own mold to vote for.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
My twitter feed is starting to detect head explosions.

oh dear
how sad
never mind

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh dear I decided to watch the six o clock on BBC, racial stereotyping of conservative party members!
I heard that and thought why, why on earth have they mentioned that?
It’s not a closed shop any one can join, I’m really getting peed off at the BBC.
Actually they interviewed three, two were men and white, and one was a woman. She was white as well. There’s a bit of useless info you if you missed it.

I really hope that the members do the right thing and DO NOT vote in another remainer. Will they? .
That as the problem with May - she wanted Britain to remain in the EU in all but name . Imagine the disaster if had several more months of this farce . We'd probably qualify as a third world nation before the end of it

Here we go and its Johnson and Hunt.
So whoever ends up being PM, 'impartial' interviewers are going to make them sound a bit anatomical in interviews

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That as the problem with May - she wanted Britain to remain in the EU in all but name . Imagine the disaster if had several more months of this farce . We'd probably qualify as a third world nation before the end of it
That woman had no intention of getting us out, I’ll be glad when she finally leaves number 10 and sits quietly on the back benches.

BoJo can prorogue parliament - declare that the current session is at an end. If he does it at the beginning of October, and parliament does not sit again until 1st November, we automatically leave the EU at midnight on 31st October.

That stunted sh!t Bercow say he won't allow parliament to be prorogued. The Attorney General (Geoffrey Cox) says it can be. Given that one is a qualified lawyer and one is not, I'm putting my money on Cox being right.

In addition, until now, parliament has been voting down May's flawed WA. If BoJo makes a determined effort to execute Brexit, it'll only be thwarted by the combined efforts of the opposition. Bear in mind what happened to the Tory vote when May failed to Brexit on the 31st March. That anger would transfer to the opposition parties who had stopped actual Brexit. I suspect BoJo would go the the country, possibly in alliance with TBP, with the strong possibility he could form a government with the support of TBP. The opposition parties would then be looking at a Brexit they could do nothing to stop and another 5 years of Tory government.

The opposition parties are going to be very wary of stopping Brexit.

Wordsmith
He doesn't need to prorogue parliament, all he needs to do is precisely nothing. Providing he does not submit any legislative motions, no MP can move an amendment to take over the parliamentary business as they did before. By doing nothing, the clock runs down and parliament is powerless to act. However, if 'no deal' were to be the outcome, it is likely that some legislation would be required. Alternatively if Labour and the EU saw that this was the determined strategy, both may be persuaded to move their position sufficiently to enable a WA to pass.

Such is the manner of Britpol today.

Bloody close between Gove and Hunt with just two votes in it and one spoiled paper this time round.

Still, unless they re-run as people did not know etc etc then the ballot paper is Johnson/Hunt.

I have to say I am so glad that Gove got the punt. Just goes to show that he, the slimiest of people who I would not trust with his own money, has so many supporters who I now take to be as slimy and untrustworthy as he is, seeing someone in their own mold to vote for.
I look forward to the next Sarah Vine column - how will she sum it up? :smile:
In her opinion, the man is a genius and a fine upstanding individual; perfectly suited to running the country.
Well, she would say that wouldn’t she?!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s convenient that it’s a secret vote.
No one can be held to account for hypocrisy and tactical shenanigans.
I'd be pretty certain at a few Johnson supporters voted for Hunt. It both pays Gove back for his backstabbing antics in the last leadership contest and pits BoJo against someone thought of a a closet Remainer by much of the Tory membership. BoJo will walk it.

Originally I wondered why the Tories were taking a further month to BoJo, then I realised a possible reason. It eats up time.

So Bojo is crowned on 22nd July and starts negotiations with the EU in early August. They go nowhere for the next 2 1/2 months. BoJo then prorogues parliament towards the end of October saying it was not possible to reach an agreement with the EU and he's not going to let the opposition parties thwart the will of the electorate. There will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, but we'll automatically leave on the 31st October.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
He doesn't need to prorogue parliament, all he needs to do is precisely nothing. Providing he does not submit any legislative motions, no MP can move an amendment to take over the parliamentary business as they did before. By doing nothing, the clock runs down and parliament is powerless to act. However, if 'no deal' were to be the outcome, it is likely that some legislation would be required. Alternatively if Labour and the EU saw that this was the determined strategy, both may be persuaded to move their position sufficiently to enable a WA to pass.

Such is the manner of Britpol today.
Interesting post.

Can that sh!t Bercow do anything to stop that?

Wordsmith

anglo

LE
I have been half expecting Jezza's muckers, Sinn Fein, to come over, take the Oath just to vote down the Tories on the understanding that Corbyn will give them a united Ireland!
The ROI will soon put a stop to that, NI would cost them to much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 403
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 493

Latest Threads