Votes: 107 97.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Out of EU, check. Control over immigration and removal of "free movement", check. Out of Customs Union, check. Once we've settled our debts, no more payments unless we choose (e.g. CERN, EASA, ESA). Once we've settled any haggling over the detail, no more ECJ or ECHR unless we choose. No TTIP, control over farming / fisheries policy.

Parliamentary sovereignty. In other words, exactly what you always asked for.

So... how exactly is that "not out of the EU"? I'm assuming that you're not going to argue "but backstop", as that isn't an argument - it's just an acknowledgement that we have an existing international treaty that we have to maintain throughout this and the eventual trading arrangements).
And what is the timescale for this pipedream of yours? The EU would have retained their grip on the UK endlessly if that WA had been signed. The main point, as far as the EU are concerned, is that they would have remained locked in to our Treasury for at least a decade: a % of UK VAT returns to be paid to the EU for instance!

You, Sir, are living in cloud cuckoo land. Say hello to Baggie and co while you are there.

How's that? They voted against the whips, against their leader, and against the party manifesto as supported at Conference and voted on at a General Election. You were the one who suggested that "rebels" needed bringing into line. The ERG rebelled, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

I just enjoy pointing out that they sank Brexit. We're still in, when we should be out, and all because a bunch of prima donnas decided that they knew what was best for their personal wealth, and that of their backers.
More innuendo in very small print I see. The rest is a very entertaining interpretation of reality; you must recommend me your source of psychotropics.

Remember, if the ERG hadn't betrayed their Party, we'd have left the EU by now. Inconvenient truth, I know...
Not quite, the way I read May's so called deal, we would have been tied to all their rules and regulations, unable to make trade deals with other countries and paying into the system until there was a unanimous vote for us to leave completely. They would have spun that out as long as they could.

Not quite, the way I read May's so called deal, we would have been tied to all their rules and regulations, unable to make trade deals with other countries and paying into the system until there was a unanimous vote for us to leave completely. They would have spun that out as long as they could.
Why bother explaining? This has been pointed out more times to Remainiacs than I care to mention. Yet still they like to grasp at it like a drowning downie.
Such is their desperation.

"traitors like Grieves".

Treason is a criminal offence I believe. Should you not, as a concerned and responsible citizen, report Grieves to the authorities?

Or is it just the buzz word of the day for those you disagree with?

"traitors like Grieves".

Treason is a criminal offence I believe. Should you not, as a concerned and responsible citizen, report Grieves to the authorities?

Or is it just the buzz word of the day for those you disagree with?
I prefer that nice European word to describe them.

Quislings.

Remember, if the ERG hadn't betrayed their Party, we'd have left the EU by now. Inconvenient truth, I know...
There is a very good reason that the WA is called a Surrender Document and was voted down 3 times in Parliament, not only by the ERG.

Had it been voted through Parliament, the UK would never have left the EU.

Inconvenient truth, right enough.

The media/boris hatersthis morning blaming BoJo for Sir Kims resignation could not be more wrong - Unlike Hunt, BoJo kept his powder dry knowing that Sir Kims position was untenable and a resignation was inevitable - to keep him in position when the US govt had cut him off wouldnt have made the UK look strong or in the best interests of the UK - Hunt overplayed it in desperation of trying to land a blow on BoJo.

I wonder how the latest polls are doing. You know, the ones showing how Boris and Hunt are doing in their bid to get votes from a few thousand members of the Conservative party in order to become leader of said party.

Not the wider one for a General Election that isn't due for another three years. We are not fighting that right now in spite of what people's fevered brains think.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how the latest polls are doing. You know, the ones showing how Boris and Hunt are doing in their bid to get votes from a few thousand members of the Conservative party in order to become leader of said party.

Not the wider one for a General Election that isn't due for another three years. We are not fighting that right now in spite of what people's fevered brains think.
Someone’s in for a surprise.

Fight the battle you're in, not the next one (but plan for it).

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

Yes, but, the leader put in to bat on 23rd has to be the one who can win the GE - by getting out of the EU and then making Brexit work with trade agreements that are visibly delivering. Hunt is soporific.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, but, the leader put in to bat on 23rd has to be the one who can win the GE - by getting out of the EU and then making Brexit work with trade agreements that are visibly delivering. Hunt is soporific.

Getting out of the Eu and making brexit work. One of the Eu bods advised us ‘not to waste the time’, given to us, having failed to leave on March 29th.

What precisely has been done to advance the brexit cause in the lat three months and what do you see Johnson doing in the next three to carry brexit forward?

Just asking like..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Getting out of the Eu and making brexit work. One of the Eu bods advised us ‘not to waste the time’, given to us, having failed to leave on March 29th.

What precisely has been done to advance the brexit cause in the lat three months and what do you see Johnson doing in the next three to carry brexit forward?

Just asking like..........
The present PM, May, has been to Europe a couple of times, she hasn't done much. Boris is yet to take the reins as PM so can't do much, yet again another pointless question from a Remonger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 498