• Hunt

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Javid

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 107 97.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daily politics on BBC2 is covering this stage of the competition, so posting details here:

"Andrew Neil is joined by the Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe, the now-Liberal Democrat MP Chuka Umunna, Mark Wallace from the Conservative Home website and the Yorkshire Post’s Liz Bates. They discuss the latest round of voting in the Conservative Party leadership contest with representatives from the four remaining candidates."

Panel 50/50 Hunt/Gove for second place. Andrew Neil guessing Hunt although not at all certain.
Please let it Hunt, if Gove gets in the final two then BJ if crowned is going to have to fit him into the cabinet. Sadly MG and Mrs MG are about as trustworthy as a blind L2 grenade submerged in a puddle. We need a cabinet that will work together and not be fatally flawed before it even assembles.

As far as I understand it magic grandpa is saying that they want to do a deal and then go to the country to see what we think of the deal. I could be wrong though, it might just be an aspiration.
Aaagh another aspiration, we've had a lot of those!

I reckon Boris will move the No Deal Brexit date forward to September 14th.

The date of Last Night of The Proms. Picture the scene, The Royal Albert Hall, a lightly refreshed Boris marching onto the stage, slinging his now empty champagne glass over his shoulder, grabbing one of the large Union Flags and waving it with all of his effort to the tunes of 'Land of Hope and Glory'!
Fade to green, green fields, images of the Fleet review at Spithead, Trooping the Colour, The Queen.......Blighty.....Blighty..........Mmmmmmmnnnnnnggghhhhhhhh....Blighty!!!!!

And I'm finished :)
Remember to clean up the dribbly stuff.

As far as I understand it magic grandpa is saying that they want to do a deal and then go to the country to see what we think of the deal. I could be wrong though, it might just be an aspiration.
Presumably, he means Russia, Iran or China when he says country

You're far too sharp for your own good AY. That would be a blinder of an outcome and an exam question and PhD thesis for years to come.
And electoral oblivion for Sinn Fein, if they swore an oath to the crown and took up their seats in London.

It would be the dissidents version of Op Motorman for recruitment purposes.

lecky

Old-Salt
I reckon Boris will move the No Deal Brexit date forward to September 14th.

The date of Last Night of The Proms. Picture the scene, The Royal Albert Hall, a lightly refreshed Boris marching onto the stage, slinging his now empty champagne glass over his shoulder, grabbing one of the large Union Flags and waving it with all of his effort to the tunes of 'Land of Hope and Glory'!
Fade to green, green fields, images of the Fleet review at Spithead, Trooping the Colour, The Queen.......Blighty.....Blighty..........Mmmmmmmnnnnnnggghhhhhhhh....Blighty!!!!!

And I'm finished :)
Boris?
Alcohol?
Orchestra's?
What...like this?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=boris+yeltsin+youtube&view=detail&mid=EC29BA24AEB31FBEA37CEC29BA24AEB31FBEA37C&FORM=VIRE

It's all been done before.

Andrew Neil had to stop Umuna ranting about Boris being "racist". Umuna refutes the idea that he should compete in a byelection because it's about remain vs leave rather than political parties... Lib Dems have apparently changed since he said he could never forgive them...

Radical leftist was interviewed about a proposed summer of protest and wildcat strikes.

Show now shifted to BBC News channel. Results due shortly. ETA 13:05

It appears revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

Tory leadership: Rudd asks Johnson to quash talk of Gove revenge

What goes around, comes around...

Wordsmith
Why Rudd thinks any fecker should listen or care to her opinions completely baffles me! - The useless cow is one of the biggest instigators of the last 3 years of parliamentary deadlock due to the fact she has completely gone against the manifesto she lyingly signed upto in 2017 and all sorts ofother spiteful sculduggery - even now she is manouvering for another cabinet post to cause even more trouble. I just hope to god that BoJo understands that he needs to clean out and replace all the hard core undisciplined remainers from his cabinet with Rudd, Lidington and Hammond at the verytop of the list! - if he fails to do so then he wil have shown immediate weakness and anything he does wil be leaked and undermined. Unlike May he has to get his cabinet working and so busy they have no time to plot eg requiring from them all 2 policues a week to get things moving in housing, health, infrastructure etc - in short, rag the bastards until they creak:)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Is Gove going to make it into 2nd place tonight? It will certainly make for an interesting final run in.

Edit I see Stewart and Clarke spoiled their papers. Well there were two spoilt papers and I can’t think of anyone else doing that.

B
For an added bonus, I look forward to the likes of Spreadsheet Phil glowering at BoJo from the back benches. And Ollie Robbins and Mark Sedwill seeking new careers outside of the civil service.

Wordsmith
It'll be Lord Sedwill and Sir Oliver Robbins to you after the Prime Minister's Resignation Honours are anounced

doc80905

War Hero
Obviously Brown should not have followed Blair without a GE to confirm his legitimacy.

The convention is if the incoming PM can command a majority in the HoC, they continue in office.

As soon as BoJo is installed, Corbyn will call for a vote of no confidence in the government. If that succeeds, the government falls and there is an immediate GE.

Given the slapping both the Tories and Labour would get in an immediate GE, neither party will be too troubled if Jezza fails to bring the government down.

Wordsmith
I can't see the likes of Soubry or the other "rebel" MP's being too keen on a GE either. Self preservation and all that..

Sent from my H4311 using Tapatalk

This bloody thing has more rounds that the FA Cup.

I find it amusing that all those who complained that Trump won the US election but didn't win the popular vote and how can that be right, now have to accept another change of PM without any sort of say in it at all.
We don't vote for Prime Ministers in this country. We vote for political parties.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 403
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 493

Latest Threads