• Hunt

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Javid

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 107 97.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well he is called Max 'Hitler' Hastings for a reason...
What will it ever take to convince his unquestioning fans that Boris Johnson is actually a lying, self-serving shit and always will be? Normally a cult has someone with a bit of charisma as a leader, rather than a bumbling idiot.

What will it ever take to convince his unquestioning fans that Boris Johnson is actually a lying, self-serving shit and always will be? Normally a cult has someone with a bit of charisma as a leader, rather than a bumbling idiot.
TBH, that's the sort of post that one would expect off of Bugsy mate.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You've made your point, you're no fan of Boris, why carry on?

What will it take to convince you and a few others we are not 'BoJo fan bois'? He's the best available option to get us out after 3 years of Tory/CS feckups. If he fails, GE and Farage. He's stepping up to the toughest PM gig in a long time and fair play to him, but if he plays silly buggers and tries to row back he's toast. And he knows it, so most of us back him to lead the charge.

I don't care what he's like as another bloke down the pub; I only care about the bloke he can be in Downing Street.
That's the difference you need to get your head around, mucker.

Funnily enough, that is exactly my own point. What is acceptable or amusing in a saloon bar hero is most definitely not acceptable as a PM.
The point with points is that they are points. Make once and leave. Not rivers of dribble.

This applies to various posters, but mostly you on this thread. I respect your point and your right to make it. Now can we move on?

We get it, you don't like Boris. You've made your point. Now you are starting to sound like that Green Jacket fellah when he constantly goes on about Muslims. You're not actually adding to the conversation by harping on.

It's already been said by quite a few people that we don't necessarily see Boris as the best PM but think he's the best person currently available to deliver the single most important issue facing the country and that is Brexit.

Of those who put themselves forward I wanted it to be Raab but it isn't. I think Johnson believes in Brexit more than Hunt and that is all I care about so it's Boris for me.

Right, so anybody who sees BJ for the fraud that he is must be a leftie... and that now also includes his ex-boss, Max Hastings.
Chill the fück out mate. I never said that you were 'left wing'. I said that you were posting 'Bugsy style'.
And I'll tell you the same thing that I told Skid2, MH's opinion of whether BoJo is fit to lead is just another opinion.
Like it or not, the next Conservative Party leader will be decided upon by the membership.

The point with points is that they are points. Make once and leave. Not rivers of dribble.

This applies to various posters, but mostly you on this thread. I respect your point and your right to make it. Now can we move on?
It is rather a pity that I seem to be something of the voice in the wilderness as far as this thread is concerned. I will happily share the role with others. I will enjoy the company and be quite relieved when this thread becomes a bit less of a circle jerk.

Balance will have been restored.

It is rather a pity that I seem to be something of the voice in the wilderness as far as this thread is concerned. I will happily share the role with others. I will enjoy the company and be quite relieved when this thread becomes a bit less of a circle jerk.

You are not the lone voice in the wilderness. Plenty have voiced their oposition to BoJo becoming PM on this thread.

Ah yes. I’d be fascinated to see what you consider to be objective commentary. Especially as your main output is manic button mashing.
But here’s something from Max Hastings, sorry about the source but do attempt to get to the far end before you start wailing again.
I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister | Max Hastings
Ah yes, Max Hastings, so admired by all the other journalists for his honesty, integrity & objective assessments.

Or rather not.

Oh & I reserve any "button mashing" for truly outstanding displays of stupidity, dishonesty, delusion or outright mongness.

You're allowed three guesses in your case. :razz:

"What will it ever take to convince his unquestioning fans that Boris Johnson is actually a lying, self-serving shit and always will be? Normally a cult has someone with a bit of charisma as a leader, rather than a bumbling idiot. "

I think you are right in that he is a lying self serving shit, however, name a current politician who isn't,
He does have a bit of charisma and the bumbling idiot look he carries off really well, sadly though for all his faults he does seem to be the only one left who can deliver Brexit, so were I a member I'd vote for him.

What will it take to convince you and a few others we are not 'BoJo fan bois'? He's the best available option to get us out after 3 years of Tory/CS feckups. If he fails, GE and Farage. He's stepping up to the toughest PM gig in a long time and fair play to him, but if he plays silly buggers and tries to row back he's toast. And he knows it, so most of us back him to lead the charge.

Exactamundo wif a cherry on top.

that Boris Johnson is actually a lying, self-serving shit and always will be?

FFS, and what former PM wasn’t, even Saint Theresa proved to be a pathological liar...

Go on, go & have a think, come back to me when you’ve found one.

Whilst your at it, what/who would you consider a realistic alternative to BJ?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

I mentioned it first thing this morning.
Just leave it for a few days, wait till Johnson makes a gaff it won’t be long then we can jump in again.
I too wanted Raab but I’d rather Hunt over Johnson as like you I just don’t trust him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 406
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 844
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 498