• Hunt

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Javid

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 107 97.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MPs elect the Speaker from amongst their own ranks.[8] The House must elect a Speaker at the beginning of each new parliamentary term after a general election, or after the death or resignation of the incumbent .[8] Once elected, a Speaker continues in office until the dissolution of Parliament, unless they resigns prior to this
Reminds me of the line used by the villain in the Bond film License To Kill:

"You're only President for Life".

JRM will be emasculated if he’s made Speaker. He needs to be somewhere his intelligence, education and experience can do some good.
Agreed on that but his put-downs of members transgressing the house rules would be truly memorable...

ugly

LE
Let me see:
Liz Truss Chancellor (She'll spend it all)
JRM Leader of the House (No business as he keeps quoting the rules)
Ester Mcvey Home Secretary (Payback time)
Michael Gove Minister without portfolio (can't do any damage)
Jeremy Hunt Brexit Minister (right, you said you could get a deal......go get a f***ing deal)
Rory Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (Build bridges eh......go build some f***ing bridges)
Liam Fox Health Secretary (you are a Dr aren't you.......go make people better)
Sajid Javid Minister for community relations (come on Sajid, show us how its done lad)
Andrea Leadsom Foreign secretary (no messing)
Hammond Education (go teach kids how to count)
Hancock Education (after Hammond turns it down - Hancock just happened to be hanging around)
David Davis Work and Pensions (have one yourself Dave....)
A scouse in the home office? Ffs are you sure?

That was for leadership of the SNP, not for First Minister.
Does that mean then that the first minister could be from any party rather than specifically the party with the parliamentary majority (notwithstanding the party whipping)?

Thought I'd best screenshot it before deletion...already gone. What's her secret arrse account?

1561064700146.png

I hope he graphically & publicly tells them to get f**ked & does any future interviews etc. with alternative channels.
Well the debate between the final two is on ITV, cue much gnashing of teeth at the BBC.

Ooops . I thought Happynomad meant if Sturgeon stood down as party leader rather than first minister
Both really insofar as the two generally go hand in hand. Interesting though the selection of either follows a different process. See post above re first minister.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does that mean then that the first minister could be from any party rather than specifically the party with the parliamentary majority (notwithstanding the party whipping)?
Technically, yes. Particularly in a minority administration but it would need (in this case), Labour, Conservatives, Libs and Greens all to vote for the single opposition candidate.

It could happen but, frankly, it's hugely unlikely.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post and spotted that you were asking about cases with a 'parliamentary majority'. In that scenario it would be astonishingly unlikely but still possible if members of the majority party abstained or voted for another candidate.

Out of interest... if Ms Sturgeon had to stand down mid term for any reason, would the Scottish electorate choose her successor or would it be a matter entirely for the SNP? I can't remember what happened when Mr Salmond was replaced by Ms Sturgeon.
Can we have the pic of her saying "Alec Salmond touched my cock" again now please whoever it was?

Technically, yes. Particularly in a minority administration but it would need (in this case), Labour, Conservatives, Libs and Greens all to vote for the single opposition candidate.

It could happen but, frankly, it's hugely unlikely.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post and spotted that you were asking about cases with a 'parliamentary majority'. In that scenario it would be astonishingly unlikely but still possible if members of the majority party abstained or voted for another candidate.
Hugely unlikely indeed but what a strange situation it would be if it happened... it would be a bit like the Conservative party forming the government with Nigel Farage, Arlene Foster or Jo Swindon (as examples only) as Prime Minister.

Hugely unlikely is best I think.

But . . . but . . . BUT . . .

If Boris "shafts" us/the UK, with the slightly amended WA/BRINO, it really does not matter what happens with The BREXIT PARTY at the next General Election, 'cos they/no-one, will then be able to re-negotiate an unsatisfactory agreement that is already in place :( .

The BREXIT PARTY, really must use everything they can to remind everyone of this over the next four week's "hustings" :( .

The thing about so-called international law is that it doesn't exist, it's all treaties. A WA is basically just that. There's nothing to stop a new govt saying FO to it. Just what would/could the EU do about it? Declare war....? Ah, you have to be a real nation with armed forces to do that. Oh, wait.... Oops.

That was for leadership of the SNP, not for First Minister.
Sorry, I thought that was what they were talking about in the context of this being for leadership of the party.
Although, in this case, it will be both the party and as PM.

Mind you, anyone laughing at the Sturgeon woman being in charge of her country ain't seen nothing yet when Bojo takes over.

He doesn't need to prorogue parliament, all he needs to do is precisely nothing. Providing he does not submit any legislative motions, no MP can move an amendment to take over the parliamentary business as they did before. By doing nothing, the clock runs down and parliament is powerless to act. However, if 'no deal' were to be the outcome, it is likely that some legislation would be required. Alternatively if Labour and the EU saw that this was the determined strategy, both may be persuaded to move their position sufficiently to enable a WA to pass.

Such is the manner of Britpol today.
No WA agreement. Full on Brexit. No payments to the EU, not even for what they claim is owed legitimately without our £3.5bn deducted from their bill immediately.

See how fast a trade agreement is made when WAG, BMW & Mercedes start lay offs because of tariffs. I would be as vindictive as I possibly could; after all, they, the EU, were quite open as to their intention to "punish us".

In short: a complete De Gaule: non! - see if Macron appreciates the ironic salute to his predesessor - short-arrsed, granny fecking pervert that he is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green The Intelligence Cell 403
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 843
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 493

Latest Threads