Tory Arrested Over Immigration Leak

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BaggyInBlack, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought they leaked stuff all the time

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Immigration-Leak-Shadow-Immigration-Secretary-Damien-Green-Arrested-Under-Official-Secrets-Act/Article/200811415163745?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15163745_Immigration_Leak%3A_Shadow_Immigration_Secretary_Damien_Green_Arrested_Under_Official_Secrets_Act

Shadow immigration minister Damien Green was arrested today under the Official Secrets Act for allegedly leaking information to the media.

The Conservatives confirmed that Mr Green, the MP for Ashford in Kent, was held but not charged.

It is understood the arrest was in connection with alleged leaked information relating to stories in the media about immigration.

2. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

This may be a dangerous precedent. I do hope it isn't Broon's secret police at work. If it is intimidation of an MP by government then its worthy of a public enquiry.

3. Nothing secret about Zanu-Liarbores politicization of the police esp MetPol.

4. mercurydancer

I agree.. I meant secret police in the KGB stylee...

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This is a Tory that's got caught? After all the rubbish that comes out from the spin doctors of the sitting government?

Bizarre

Oh and unbelievable :D

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Good lord; if leaking is now an arrestable offence then the next Parliamentary debate will be fun.

Lab (9 MPs present)
    Con (11 MPs present)
    Lib (6 MPs present)
    Others (22 MPs Present)

7. A Tory doing what Tories do best. This country will be well fcuked the day the oily salesman and his Eton cronies get into Gubmint (providing they are capable that is). Viva la revolution!!!

8. Conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office?

This has to be a wah from plod.

I would love to know where the paper trail for this 'crime' leads to and where/who it originated from.

If this is the direction ZANU OL are going then they really are playing with fire.

9. I'd only agree if what he leaked couldn't reasonably be concidered confidential. If not, idiots leaking what they think might be to their political advantage when they don't have the full picture should be delt with.

10. That's truly bizarre, esp when one considers the leaks and spin for Al Campbell et al.

11. The "full picture" being defined as what exactly: the latest ZANU-NL briefing from No.10, perhaps?

12. mercurydancer

parapuk

"If not, idiots leaking what they think might be to their political advantage when they don't have the full picture should be delt with. " I

s this statute barred?? I would think that most liarbour front benchers could be equally arrested for such offences.

13. The full picture being anything the security services deemed so.

14. Makes me proud to be British, so I don't have to live in one of those third world banana republics.

Torygraph

Makes a big deal about "Counter-Terrorism Police" doing all the leg work. Are all coppers now referred to as Counter Terrorist?

15. mercurydancer

parauk

"The full picture being anything the security services deemed so. "

Oh dear. Do you mean that the security services aent subject to the law of the country or they can do as they like?

Secondly I would appreciate a definition of security services and by what measures do they "deem" something to be so.