Tornado To Go Sooner Than Anticipated

And the Angel opened the Seventh Seal...

Every time the British Armed Forces are slashed to the bone, using the justification that there are no major threats in the near future - shit gets real.

At this rate, the whole of the Middle East will be on fire and in order to protect the oil supply, the gub'mint will be conscripting anyone under the age of dead.

The stupid cnuts never learn.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
And the Angel opened the Seventh Seal...

Every time the British Armed Forces are slashed to the bone, using the justification that there are no major threats in the near future - shit gets real.

At this rate, the whole of the Middle East will be on fire and in order to protect the oil supply, the gub'mint will be conscripting anyone under the age of dead.

The stupid cnuts never learn.
Agree and the older you are the more times you've seen the same mistakes made.

Perhaps our beloved leader has written to all the other world leaders and asked them not to have any conflicts before 2020.

The MOD switchboard could be replaced with a recorded message saying "I'm sorry, there's no-one available to take your call at the moment. However, your threat to national security is important to us. Please call back in ten years time"

At the going rate the Russians could be pouring through the Fulda gap and on into West Germany, and we'd still be cutting the armed forces.

Sodding Vandals the lot of them.

My Boy turns 18 in June and he mentioned looking into the forces as a career the other day. I offered to break his ****ing legs before I would let him work for this bunch of cnuts. Parenting? Its a piece of piss.

It gets worse the R.A.F. was mentioned.

Are they not playing the long game here by ditching the tornados for more typhoons if the oman deals fallen through they've got some spare change and personel to throw at extra typhoons

Are they not playing the long game here by ditching the tornados for more typhoons if the oman deals fallen through they've got some spare change and personel to throw at extra typhoons
Ah, but why would we want more Typhoons?
They've just got rid of 25% of all new pilots.
Some of which were only 3hours from gaining there wings.

So remind me - if the Tornadoes go, exactly what have we got left for bombing/ground attack beyond Apache range? I understood Typhoons weren't intended and aren't ready for that role. The BBMF Lancaster? Do the Red sparrows Hawks still have hardpoints and avionics for the role?

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
So remind me - if the Tornadoes go, exactly what have we got left for bombing/ground attack beyond Apache range? I understood Typhoons weren't intended and aren't ready for that role. The BBMF Lancaster? Do the Red sparrows Hawks still have hardpoints and avionics for the role?
Probably end up chucking grenades out the back of the skyvan .

Wasn't it the Boer War where the government had cut the army to the bone and then had to conscript to get numbers to South Africa, and the cuts were done despite the politicos being told it was a stupid idea.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
moving-target-survivor The NAAFI Bar 2
Ozgerbobble Current Affairs, News and Analysis 15
Porridge_gun Aviation 0