TORNADO CRASHES IN SCOTLAND

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Jul 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely the crew banged out?

2. No guarantee of that. Many a plane has crashed with crew still inside.

3. Do we know if it's an F3 or GR4?

4. Doesn't say yet

5. Heres hoping the crew punched out in time to be laughing about it in the mess tomorrow night.

6. F3 says Sky

7. Glen Kinglas is not far up the road from me, they do a lot of low level flying up there. Lets hope for the best..

8. F3s still do a large amount of low level flying, especially in that area.

9. Not really. They do a lot of work at low level. I worked on 43 Squadron at Leuchars for a bit in years gone by and they spend a lot of time in the weeds. In the "Tango" low flying areas they can even go down to 100 feet legally. The airframes are mostly retiring in Spetember as 43 are disbanding and just a few are being kept on for QRA duties so the frame is no great loss, I'm just praying the crew got out.

10. I was trying to look on the bright side! :(

11. My parents are staying at Luss this week and were on Rest and be Thankful yesterday. Dad said they were flying VERY low up the valley but no more than they do in Snowdonia (he's ex crab). Lets just hope,as you say, they were high enough to get out safely.

12. Can anyone join in with the uninformed speculation?

Good-oh, in that case I reckon they stoofed in.

13. Subtle ;)

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

An old mate of mine is in Eng Ops at Leauchers & has been posted onto 6sqn & off on his Typhoon conversion course soon.