TORNADO CRASHES IN SCOTLAND

Surely the crew banged out?

Yeoman_dai said:
Surely the crew banged out?
No guarantee of that. Many a plane has crashed with crew still inside.

Do we know if it's an F3 or GR4?

Heres hoping the crew punched out in time to be laughing about it in the mess tomorrow night.

F3s still do a large amount of low level flying, especially in that area.

Magdovus said:
I hope it's an F3- surely that means that it's more likely to be at altitude, giving the crew more time to punch out?
Not really. They do a lot of work at low level. I worked on 43 Squadron at Leuchars for a bit in years gone by and they spend a lot of time in the weeds. In the "Tango" low flying areas they can even go down to 100 feet legally. The airframes are mostly retiring in Spetember as 43 are disbanding and just a few are being kept on for QRA duties so the frame is no great loss, I'm just praying the crew got out.

I was trying to look on the bright side! :(

My parents are staying at Luss this week and were on Rest and be Thankful yesterday. Dad said they were flying VERY low up the valley but no more than they do in Snowdonia (he's ex crab). Lets just hope,as you say, they were high enough to get out safely.

Hakagure said:
Magdovus said:
I hope it's an F3- surely that means that it's more likely to be at altitude, giving the crew more time to punch out?
Not really. They do a lot of work at low level. I worked on 43 Squadron at Leuchars for a bit in years gone by and they spend a lot of time in the weeds. In the "Tango" low flying areas they can even go down to 100 feet legally. The airframes are mostly retiring in Spetember as 43 are disbanding and just a few are being kept on for QRA duties so the frame is no great loss, I'm just praying the crew got out.
An old mate of mine is in Eng Ops at Leauchers & has been posted onto 6sqn & off on his Typhoon conversion course soon.

spike7451 said:
Hakagure said:
Magdovus said:
An old mate of mine is in Eng Ops at Leauchers & has been posted onto 6sqn & off on his Typhoon conversion course soon.
Still have an old mate at Leuchars as well, spoke to him earlier. Check your PM's mate.

B

Biscuits_AB

Magdovus said:
You need punching out you f*cking Airfix collecting dullard.

Just saw the duty rupert being questioned by the press. He handled the press fairly well but I think he let some things slip.

Incidently some "Campers" are already commenting that there were two aircraft too close together. I do hope that these were off duty RAF air traffic controllers and not just some fcuk wit spouting off because he's done some walking and seen a Tornado or two.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Run_Charlie! Aviation 1
Ozgerbobble Current Affairs, News and Analysis 15
Porridge_gun Aviation 0