Tories Winning Policy

Light Bulbs for all - In Wales

Welsh assembly Conservative leader Nick Bourne has said the party will give every household £20 of low energy light bulbs if they win power in May's poll.

Mr Bourne told the party's conference in Cardiff that climate change is the biggest challenge of our age.

He said the policy would cost £6m a year and make a "very real difference to climate change in our country."

People must try to buy locally, cut supermarket packaging and develop renewable energy technologies, he said.
Is this all they can offer the country - by way of Wales?

Sven said:
People must try to buy locally, cut supermarket packaging and develop renewable energy technologies, he said.
I know you can buy daffodil bulbs locally, but not sure about energy bulbs. Typical Tories, totally out of touch. Climate control isn't No1 concern round my way, it's whether people can feed and clothe their kids.

PoisonDwarf said:
Sven said:
I know you can buy daffodil bulbs locally, but not sure about energy bulbs. Typical Tories, totally out of touch. Climate control isn't No1 concern round my way, it's whether people can feed and clothe their kids.
If they can find them in the dark. While maybe not top priority, light bulbs do have uses and especially energy ones.

Could be worse like in Oz where they are talking of banning conventional lightbulbs.