Tories will reopen probe into Dr Kellys suicide

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Apr 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ah no they won't IMHO, can, worms....over everyone and everything.....watch the term "in the public interest" get used when (if) they win the election on why they can't do it......of course thats IMHO only.

2. I hope they've fully thought through what they will do with what they find out and all the ramifications of the truth, whatever that is. It would have been better to have got to power and had a good look behind the scenes before they announced anything.

3. Wow, I thought they wanted to cut waste! This is both a waste of time and ( a mahoosive) waste of money.

4. I would welcome an open inquiry into this very tragic matter. There will be security considerations no doubt, but there are questions into David kelly's untimely death which should be answered. I think we owe it to his memory, his family and to the public to get to the bottom of this entire matter.

5. More to the point, have they asked his family?

6. ‘This is something I would review if in Government as I am conscious this is a matter where the public have not been reassured that the Hutton Inquiry satisfactorily resolved the matter.’

We shall see. World of difference between "will reopen" and "would review"

7. Why are you hiding behind the late Dr Kelly's family to hide your obvious disquiet at this development?

8. Agree with P_G, they won't at all. All very ambiguous, nothing firm and sounds like electioneering to me.

9. Why wast tax payers money? Any one with a brain in their head spotted it as an assasination at the time.

Dave

10. Yes, of course :roll:

You'd think if there was anything wrong with the verdict the family would be first in line to demand a new investigation though, wouldn't you?

11. What you actually mean is its not in your paymasters best interests for this to be reopened.

Still, we shouldn't be surprised, hiding behind the dead and their families has been Neues Arbiets SOP for over a decade. Never mind, you'll have plenty of time on your hands when you get your P45 in two months time.

12. You are quite right, of course. If the people who knew Dr Kelly best object to raking over the coals then that should be the end of the matter. Thank you for reminding me that behind politics there is always the human dimension.

13. Yes of course, I'm paid by Labour, as is everyone who doesn't agree with you :roll:

Fancy answering my question instead of spinning and blustering your way out of it?

14. I'd be surprised if any government decided to reopen the inquest in Dr Kelly actual demise.

On the otherhand, I can easily see a Conservative government looking into whether New Labour political spin to save New Labour political reputations pushed Dr Kelly to take his own life.