Tories Losing Lead - Part Two

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Thunderer, Sep 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Thursday the Sun published a poll which showed that Labour had got a bounce from their conference, a poll which was rubbished as being from a Labour loving paper. This despite beng from the right leaning YouGov.

Today the Telegraph showed that the Tory lead had been halved, whilst more people believe that a Labour government would handle the credit crunch better.

All in all, not a good day for the Conservatives.

2. Don't worry, it's just a right wing conspiracy to keep Gordon Brown in power until the bitter end. 1/2 million people will lose their jobs in the next 12 months and countless thousands will lose their homes. Notwithstanding the pensioners who will have to choose between eating and staying warm this winter.

No but really, Gordon is the only person who can get us out of this mess.

3. I've always liked to bet against the odds, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say Brown's prospect for May 2010 are not good, but not as bad as most think. Why? Because it's likely that the next 9 months will be shocking in the economy, they'll be a slow upturn late next summer, and Brown will be able to claim to be responsible. The Conservatives, lacking any alternative vision, will decend into bickering as their lead shrinks by the 2009 conference season, and Brown will win in 2010.

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Well Labour have done such a good job so far, lets hope the polls are true!!!!!

5. And the ICM/Guardian poll giving the same sort of result?

And tell us again Nige, which paper do you write for?

6. Broon should not be underestimated. He is in America trying to make us in Britain think that it is all an American problem and that he is helping sort it out. (Him being an economic genius and all). Think how often he uses 'global and global problem' in his speeches so that he can distance his failings as Chancellor for our problems. The cerebrally challenged will fall for it.

7. Parapauk - you could be a Visionary.

8. If Brown had Labour's interests at heart he should go for a General election now, the tories would be so unpopular in trying to recover the mess he has made that they would be only in power for 1 term, and the Labour party will survive.

This recession/depression is not going to be short lived. I predict at least 3 years of extreme pain, the next scheduled election will occur at its peak, and Labour will cease to exist as a party after these elections. We have of course lived through recessions before and they have been relatively short term, but in those we werent seeing the collapse of banks, and vast amounts of taxpayers money being used to support the markets.

This money can only be coming from one place - Printing it! We have not enough gold to sell to support our currency, so Darling has the printing presses working overtime to provide the cash for the bailouts.

9. The smelly sock department will come up with their usual inner city tactic - flood the rookeries with money just beforehand in order to secure votes.

That's why they have let the back door wide open. This country is won in the shires and lost in the khazi.

10. This was predictable...surprised the evil ones didn't catch up a little more, following the donation from the Witch of Hogwarts (lawyers: I've no money anyway thanks to Brown, so get stuffed!) and the posturing over the Lloyds HBOS rubbish. This was so predictable that I am genuinely surprised the Glenrothes by-election is not scheduled for sooner to try and take advantage of it.

However, they are running true to form. They couldn't even get through the conference without a screw-up in the form of the Kelly resignation. Their catch-up will evaporate within a week.

11. As much as I would give my left bollok to see Brown dragged kicking and screaming therough the streets on the end of a rope I have no more faith in Cameron serving the country in a fit and proper manner than Brown suddely discovering reality.
    Nothing will change for the better in Britain until we start hanging a few politicians from lamposts. Not one of them has any interesting helping anything other than themselves.
    Lying, corrupt, thieving cnuts to a man (and woman)

12. Jagman. A slightly jaded, but probably accurate, post

13. It's just a post-conference bounce, that's all. Unless someone falls on their faces in Birmingham, there'll be a similar bounce back towards the Tories at the end of next week.

14. I can't believe how stupid people are, another term of Labour government would finish off this country.

15. Sorry :oops:
    I watched Browns sincere and well reasoned conference speech live the other day. If it wan't for the fact that the cnut has systematically ripped this country to bits for the last eleven years it would have been almost convincing. I even heard the treasonous bastard tell us he knows what he is doing.

This country is beyond doubt the finest nation on Earth, bar non. So why is it that some days I wished I lived in any one of a dozen other countries?